Home U.S. Coin Forum

Will these cross?

1955 Doubled Die Obverse ANACS MS61 BRN, just take my word for it, there's no wear. Just a terrible photo. Next is a 1942/1 Dime ANACS EF45. Will they cross into PCGS or should I not waste the time? I'm thinking about crossing about 40 coins from ANACS slabs to PCGS slabs, will post a few more later. I apologize about the photographs in advance, just do your best. image

Comments

• mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    I'd say the Lincoln has a good shot. PCGS is pretty tight on Mercs, especially keys, in my experience. You might lose 5 points on that one. Nice coins though! Wish I had that '55!!

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    The Lincoln looks like it has some green stuff around the lettering? verdigris? This could hurt. The Mercury picture is to dark for me to tell but the last 42/1 mercury I had in an ANACS slab was graded XF45 and I think it was ten points over graded. Good luck if you decide to cross and please let us know the results. mike image
  • darktone,

No green stuff on the Lincoln, must be from the lighting. It's a fully original, chocolate brown with no wear. Very high end in person, you'd have to see it. I think that one will cross, not sure about the 42/1 Dime though. They're going out in Monday's mail to PCGS, along with quite a few others that I'm going to try to post pictures of tonight.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherrypickin,

Just judging from the obverse photo, I agree you may have a shot at the 55 DDO, as long as that is not wear on the high points of Lincolns head. It hard to tell without looking at the coin in hand.

IMO, I dont think the 42/1 merc will make it to PCGS-45, possibly 40, but closer to a 35 from the looks(Need to see the rev)
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Only one way to find out for sure.
  • Here's the rev. of the DDO.

• Here's my 1955 DDO and it's only an AU58.....imageimage

Does yours have a hit above the ear?
  • Yours is in an NGC holder isn't it millennium? Yes, this has a small hit just to the northeast of the ear. The fields are almost free of marks and there is no sign of wear under my two loupes. My lighting just severely diminishes the detail of the coin. Going to try to get better ones later.
  • No...mine is in a PCI slab.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file