Home U.S. Coin Forum

Even More of a Reason to Secure your eBay Password!

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
Check out this Seller's "new" eBay handle:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2739045126&category=16273

Now he's got to wait 30 days to change it back! image

peacockcoins

Comments

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    Doh!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    The perpetrator could face serious charges if caught.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • The truth is, eBay's site is not safe with any of your information. Anyone that is talented with hacking can get through the system. Someone gained access to my account back in January and racked up over $700.00 in eBay fees posting frivolous auctions and eBay still stuck me with the bill!

I know these are isolated cases but it certainly does happen and eBay won't care when it does. They do nothing in the way of preventing fraud, they're just a venue, as they say. A venue that takes your money and sits behind a computer doing nothing is more honest.

• << <i>The truth is, eBay's site is not safe with any of your information. Anyone that is talented with hacking can get through the system. Someone gained access to my account back in January and racked up over $700.00 in eBay fees posting frivolous auctions and eBay still stuck me with the bill!

I know these are isolated cases but it certainly does happen and eBay won't care when it does. They do nothing in the way of preventing fraud, they're just a venue, as they say. A venue that takes your money and sits behind a computer doing nothing is more honest. >>

Oh yea Bucko? I came home one day to find that I had been NARU'ed. Ebay notified me that someone had hijacked my account and posted a bunch of phony sales. They had already deleted the phony listings. The next day I changed my account info and was up and running again. They had identified the problem and solved it before I ever knew that there was a problem.
  • Good for you abuell. I'm sure your situation was quite different from mine.
  • Come on Pat. How many years is it going to take for you to learn how to post a link that doesn't boot you off the main site when you close it?
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    hahahaha. It's not really funny though.
    I bet that seller is having the screaming memmies about now.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭

<< <i>I bet that seller is having the screaming memmies about now. >>

Screaming memmies-now there's a term I haven't heard used in quite a while.
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    You need to come on over to my side of the big road and brush up on your Southern english Bama girl. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I dont get what you guys are referring to. The seller has been using that moniker since jan 98

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't there be a little bell next to his name if it had been changed in the last 30 day?
  • Someone changed the ID of the seller yesterday, July 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file