Home U.S. Coin Forum

What should I do?

2»

Comments

• sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Is it a coin that may not be legal to own? If so, I wouldn't tell anyone either -

Can you provide a picture of a 1963 Peace Dollar?

I sure hope it is something more spectactular than a barber dime - is it a pattern?

If you really want to bump your investment - start hoarding, and buy when any of the others become available -

And then every 5 years or so, run it through a fancy auction - and have favorable terms so, you can bid and have a friend bid for you, so that you can have it double in price every 5 years or so.

Also you will need to crack the coin out and reholder, so that most people do not see what is happening.

Then, when you are ready to sell it, you can post a picture in the BST board for all to seeimage
  • AndroidAndroid Posts: 726
    Ahhhh...who wants to see some stinkin' piece of junk anyway.....image

Andy image
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• AndroidAndroid Posts: 726
    Did my reverse psychology work? image
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    let's say you tell what it is and spark a new collector to pick up the hobby???????

that should be reason enough
  • Got me on that one Andy........as i think i recall you saying somewhere in another thread you were a collector and investor! But three coin personas in one individual....sort of like the "trinity"......hehe!

<< <i>.......but if you have an ounce of deciency in you, man........give it up!

That's a losing stategy, Joe. You forget that I'm also a dealer. image

Seriously, I started the thread because I thought it was an interesting subject. I had no desire to torment anyone, although I must admit I'm beginning to develop a taste for it. >>

The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭

sounds to me like you are off to a great start to maximise its potential

sincerely michael
  • I beat you 'cause.............

Yesterday, I bought by far the finest known example of a very rare and famous coin. I have no intention of selling it for at least the next 21 1/2 years.

Should I keep it secret until I'm ready to sell or should I immediately start promoting it here and everywhere else? I know that it would be fun to share it, but there's too much money on the line. I want to maximize my return. What should I do?

No wait............I'll never tellllllllll.

Why would you ask a question if you have no intentions on sharing? It's your coin, but don't rub mud in our faces.
    Good thing I had my safety glasses on.
    Good luck
    Eugene
  • I can't see any reason why you wouldn't want to share your "finest known" with your fellow forum members. That's why we're here to share and learn. And now you've got everyone's interest peaked, would be unfair to "tease" image us. I'm sure you can share a lot of knowledge on this particular coin that many of us are unaware of.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file