Home U.S. Coin Forum

Heritage changes auction format, opinions?

It appears Heritage has abandoned the handy feature to look at past auction results on lots up for auction. Now you have to back out and do a search. Takes too much time if the site is busy and you lost your place.

Heritage if you are listening that sucks royally.

Also bring back the zoom in feature. That was so slick.

Edited to add: What happened to the lot tracking from within the lot page?!!! Argggghhh!

Comments

• itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I miss the recent sales prices.... but I disliked their new zoom. It was slow and troublesome.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I can't even get their site to load at all today.

Russ, NCNE
  • MorganluverMorganluver Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Yes, they're doing something, you can't track anymore and other things are either missing or not working. Guess I got spoiled with all the handy things you could do before. image
  • It takes forever to load. You can't get a price history. You can't get the history in other grades, that we used to. But you can still enlarge the pictures (not the zoom stuff tho)
    They need to spruce up rather than down, which is what they are doing.
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still Track but you have to put a check next to the item and then before leaving the page go up to the top and click on the Track on the right side. Also you may have to be signed in.

Ken
  • As some of you noticed, a few features on our view lot page disappeared today. I would like to assure you that these features are not gone, but merely missing for a minute. We are in the middle of upgrading those pages and not all of the features have been ported over to the new format yet. Full functionality should be restored shortly (less than a few hours I think). In fact, we have even more cool features coming in the future, not less.

I hope you all enjoy the long weekend.
    Thank you,
    Michael Weems
    VP of eCommerce
    www.HA.com
    MichaelW@HA.com
  • Well, we can't complain about the quick clarification to the website! image
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zoom was a royal pain in the asz. Today, I just checked the inventory on the home page. It was alot faster than trying to go through the catalog icon. Not sure if the prices realized loss is a big deal - I never used it. The site still could use some improvement, especially regarding speed.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops - never mind. Can't get to any lots tonight. Keep getting this error.....site still stinks!

"Error in template 'template.item.html': </tmpl> still open at end of file."
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error about an open tmpl file just started. I was looking at lots about ten minutes ago, and then bam that error started to occur. I cannot get to the www.heritagecoin.com site, only the apps.heritagecoin.com site (which is a different machine)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file