Home U.S. Coin Forum

300+

Over 300 coins have been donated so far by myself, AbesNeighbor, Relayer, JJacks, Nucklehead, ksteelheader, Stman, airplanenut, joeyuk, 09sVDB, marcmoish, Wisconsin, paigowjohnny, Fairlaneman, RKKay, Zenny, bigern, FatMan, TAP444, GaCoinGuy, bgman, ER, LucyBop, islemangu, Tassa and Beartracks42!

Not to mention a huge amount of holders, albums, folders, flips, loupes and other supplies!

Each winner will receive over 100 coins!

We need more entries! If you know anyone 12 or younger, have them send in a essay about their favorite coin!

3 lucky kids will get an instant coin collection!

Thanks to everyone who has donated!

~Michael

Comments

• stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey that's great. But honestly it seems like a little too much for a kid 12 years old to receive 100 coins as a start. How bout quit being a scroogeimage and loosen the restrictions to older kids too. Actually I'm a scrooge and think that's too many coins for a kid to receive just for a contest. Make them work for them darn itimage
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, 100 coins does seem like too many. I find that I enjoy the hunt as much or more than the acquisition.

How about 25 coins? That's still a nice collection for a youngster.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • 300 coins, for 3 kids wow those guys got lucky!
  • FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    Well, that's how many I have. What can I do if the reponse I got from the Board members donating coins have been tremendous.

The response to the giveaway hasn't been that overwhelming in regards to entries. So I'll take what I have and split it.

Any suggestions otherwise?

Michael
  • ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Maybe adding a 13 - 15 and 16 - 18 age groups might help if you want to spread the donations around to a larger group of respondants. Maybe, if you want to wait this long, is to set back some for a Thanksgiving/Christmas contest for the 18 and under crowd.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    If you do not want to add older categories - you could split them and award 1st, 2nd (65/35) or 1st, 2nd, 3rd (60,30,10)

Another possibility is hold half of them and repeat contest for Christmas (thanksgiving on - christmas deadline - coins by new year)
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope can't change it now. I just told my Granddaughter she has a chance to win 100 coins.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    As with any contest, the person offering the prizes always has the right to change the terms! image

C'mon now, we need more entries!

Michael

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file