Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

swap??

This might sound like a stupid question....but what is a swap?? How does it work and can I be in one involving coins??
If interested in trading coins contact me
VISIT MY COIN GROUP AT:
http://groups.msn.com/COINTRADERS

Comments

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Swaps are quite simple. Someone posts asking if anyone wants to join, folks respond..........then the leader of the swap, will compile the names in some fashion, then you simply PM your send-to person and see if they have anything specific they are looking for, or something they have interest in. The you build a little package(limits are usually set at $35 or so) and send it to em. Whoever has your name to send to, will PM you and ask the same stuff. It's loads of fun, plus you sometimes get some real nice surprises in the swap. It's toolate to get in on the current one, but stick around, there'll prolly be another in a few weeks.

PS: Go into your profile and turn on your PM. Makes it easy for folks to contact you.

PS again: Welcome to the boards!
    imageimage

• LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Jes1979, welcome to the board. GaCoinGuy said about all there is to say about a swap. Let me add a few things more. There is no limit to what you can send or receive. We normally keep it at a minamum of 35.00 as that makes it easy for the little guy to come up with stuff that has a value of about that. I have been running these swaps lately, including the one that just closed, and usually they are run pretty close. We had one person in the last swap who did not respond to inquiries and so had to be dropped and we still don't know the reason. Please go into your profile and open up your PM function so that people can contact you. Also if you are a collector you may want to check the buy, sell and trade function. Let me know if you need any more information. Luskie
  • Thanks for the info!! I want to be in the next swap!!!
    If interested in trading coins contact me
    VISIT MY COIN GROUP AT:
    http://groups.msn.com/COINTRADERS
  • Holler at me next time a swap starts...sounds like fun and I've got some orphans laying about the place, i.e. sharp coins in a series that I don't collect. image
  • If you want to do a swap then open a new post and start one.
    Just have to name the time frame and how much value for the swap.
    People will respond if they are interested.

Steve
    He who dies with the most coins wins....image

CoinsNCurrency.com
  • If the min is about $35 and you receive what you believe to be worth about $100, then do you send min of $100 to the next and on up it goes?
    Coins for sale here only at http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=223234

Looking for pre 1957 quarters and halfs.
    Still need 20c, $3, $4, and $100 for my denominational set.
    Trying to complete a 1903,1904 AU/BU set.
    Collect pre 1957 circ, 1957-current proof, gold, dark side silver and palladium
  • Good question....is that the way it works???
    Trying to make a set of just about anything....but too broke to do so.... :-P

Collect all US coins, attempting to make a set of certified Sivler Eagles
  • Some swappers give alittle more, hoping it'll return to them. I always try to give more than $35 worth. It stinks to give nice coins and then get scrap in return. My last couple swaps were really good though. Just give coins that you would want to receive yourself.

Sumo
  • This is my first swap now..

I know that whoever gets me will be sending the hidden never before seen 6th 1913 nickel image
    Life can be like a bowl of cherries, sometimes its squishy and full of pits.