Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Accented hair Kennedy Half.

Okay, I have to ask. What is an accented hair Kennedy Half? I assume it has to do with his hair, but what is the give away? I’ve heard something about the I also. The bottom left serif it think.

It’s been a few days since my last newbie question so I was due for another. image
Thadd...
Novice collector, occasionally selling some coins on eBay. Click HERE to see all my auctions.

Comments

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Oh Ruuuuuussssssssssss....

He,ll have ya fixed up in no time.image
  • Options
    DanCDanC Posts: 1,189
    I can help out a bit here.

Courtesy of Russ
  • Options
    That pretty much sums it up.

Thanks.
    Thadd...
    Novice collector, occasionally selling some coins on eBay. Click HERE to see all my auctions.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    The bad part is people have picked so many, the price they bring has dropped substantially except in high grade.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    No problem... image

One other thing. When viewing (under a soft-white 100watt bulb) look at the coin straight-on - then move your right hand back to shift the right-edge about 30 degrees away from flat.

The AH will glare at you like a neon sign at that angle. Go the other way - and it'll disappear.

It's an odd variety. Once you "get it" - you "get it." It took me a LONG time to be able to see them.
    As soon as you figure it out - you'll never miss another. image

cheers!
  • Options
    That wishbone thing seems to be a dead giveaway. Plus the serif I.

I guess I’ll have to see how I do in “real life” if I run across one. image I will certainly be on the lookout.

Thadd...
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    The reverse diagnostic is sorta new to me.I like it. That one would seem to be obvious, even without a loupe.

• Options
    The "wishbone" is by FAR the most obvious of the characteristics. The others are merely secondary. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file