Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1967 Help

I was hoping that some of the 1967 veterans could help me out. I'm about 35% or so of the way done with the 1967 set but I'm really not all that familiar with it yet. What would you consider some of the more difficult cards to get in psa 8 or better? How much have you seen some of these low pop cards sell for? So far I've just been basically buying what comes along for a relative value as compared to smr and I don't really know which cards to be watching for. One thing I have noticed is that psa 9's seem to be hot right now. You pay almost double for a 67 psa 9 as opposed to a 1965 psa 9 of a similar population. Is it always that way or is it just because of a couple of very aggressive bidders right now? Thanks for your help.

Wayne
1955 Bowman Football

Comments

• dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Wayne,

The pop report is the best indicator of what is "tough". Now a days any "8" in single digits in the pop report can easily go over $50 and sometimes a lot higher. The low population 9's are hot right now. One relatively new collector is putting very competitive bids on those cards so going over $100 for a common PSA 9 is pretty standard and if it's tough to come by $175+ is not unheard of either. I hope this helps.

Dan
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Wayne:

Just echoing Dude. The 9's have definitely moved WAY OVER SMR lately (and maybe permanently). I've been hovering in the mid 90% range for some time now, being sniped on fairly competitive bids (or so I thought)image.

Definitely follow the pop report. Note that if anyone on the set registry with over 80-90% is bidding on a card, it is probably safe to assume it is a toughie. Feel free to join in on the bidding, but expect those 8's to also end WAY OVER SMR.

Again, the pop report isn't perfect (because of breakout resubmits, etc.), but it's still the closest thing to a real head count. Use it wisely, and stay with the set!

E
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    <What would you consider some of the more difficult cards to get in psa 8 or better?>

As far as commons go...here are the ones that I found to be the toughest.

2 Hamilton
    3 Sims
    41 Hoerner
    170 McAuliffe
    196 Romano
    371 Lonborg
    429 Roggenburk
    492 Pirates Team
    497 Campbell
    572 Demeter

There's probably a few tough ones that I just lucked up on early in the lise of my set...but this is a good start.

Regards,

Alan
  • That's very helpful guys! It seems that the 67's may be one of the hottest sets going right now. Alan - thanks for the list. I'll watch those cards to see what they close at over the next few months (If they come available).

Alan, Congrats on finishing the 67 set!image I see that you added the Carew for 100%. Great accomplishment.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
    Wayne,

I would agree with Dan about the prices for the low pop 8's getting $50 and higher. Out of the cards that I listed...I have never seen Hamilton go below $100. I just sold a Sims within the past couple of weeks for $200. Romano...let's just say that I have never seen one on EBAY in PSA 8 (a nine went for $300+). Demeter has sold from $150 and up depending on quality. The Pirates team card seems to always bring $50 or more...and I have seen fewer than a handful of this card on EBAY is the last 4 years.

There's also some variations with no trade statements on the back, Marichal checklist with one ot two ears, Schaal with a green bat tip, Bob Bruce with "BRAVES" spelled "RBAVES" on the back that bring, cards with incomplete stat lines that also bring premium dollars. A #26 Priddy NTS recently sold for $140. Be careful with the no trade statements because PSA regularly mislabels them. The 1967 collectors almost need a "MASTER SET" like the 69ers.

I have a few cards of what I consider the tougher cards listed on my site at Link to psasetbuilder.com

Good luck with the set.

Regards,

Alan
    Wayne,

There's a Tiger team card on EBAY in PSA 8 right now that's fairly tough. Both the Red Sox and Tigers players cards are harder to locate in the 1967s.

Regards,

Alan
  • Alan,

Thanks for the help - I have it marked.

MLB - I appreciate the pm - that was very helpful.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football