Whos the best athlete of all time? Any Sport

Cant go wrong saying MJ...
Tradelist
] EAGLES 2005 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!

Comments

• Bo...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• SoDoMoJoSoDoMoJo Posts: 1,558 ✭✭
    Tough Question because there are so many Athlete's that can be named in the same sentance MJ is def. 1 of them but i would also include Wayne Gretzky, Ali, even Tiger Woods although golf is more of a game than a sport.........
    My Refs.
    playr050,Bobstar,R*C,Col1ector,
    Dirtmonkey,euphoria18,samsgirl214,biggjc,NBT,Baljitgil

Ebay
    41 positives, 0 negitives
  • How about Walter Payton....
    Looking for Colts and Pacers!

mooregary49@msn.com
    i'm forgetting a ton of people!!!! payton, Bonds, willie Mays, the list goes on and on......
    My Refs.

Ebay
  • AiRjOrDaN22AiRjOrDaN22 Posts: 2,038 ✭✭

<< <i>Tough Question because there are so many Athlete's that can be named in the same sentance MJ is def. 1 of them but i would also include Wayne Gretzky, Ali, even Tiger Woods although golf is more of a game than a sport......... >>

I agree Auto racing would go in the same catagory as Golf dont get me wrong im a golfer and I watch Jr. there not athletes but it is a sport
    Tradelist

• << <i>Tough Question because there are so many Athlete's that can be named in the same sentance MJ is def. 1 of them but i would also include Wayne Gretzky, Ali, even Tiger Woods although golf is more of a game than a sport......... >>

Can Tiger run miles during a game of football? Can Tiger handle being tackled and roughed up by 400 pound guys? Tiger is not an athlete...he's just good at his HOBBY...best athlete would have to be...well I dunno lol...all sports are so different
  • Emmit smith,Sosa,McGwire,Mj,bobby orr,wayne gretzky,to many to say!
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    The best athlete is Jim Thorpe.
    Jordan is probably the most dominate but of course most of us grew up watching him. Jordan Rulled his sport but Thorpe is a better all around athlete.
    I said Golf is a tough one because of the fact it's not really a sport but come on who else has Dominated there 'Game' like Tiger has (forget about so far this year) he makes a mockery of the other golfers. I still dont think he would be the BEST all time YET I think that might have to go to Jordan look at his Marketablitly around the world anywhere you go they pretty much know who Micheal Jordan is........
    My Refs.

Ebay
  • Although I think MJ is the best athelete, I think the best player of one sport is the Babe. In additon to his prowess at the plate (he was belting HR's at today's rate in a time when no one else was), he was also a dominating pithcer for the first several years of his carreer. He is the only player I know of who could have been a legend as a pitcher or a hitter.
    Always looking for Alfonso Soriano RCs, Griffey Jr, Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Pudge Rodriguez, and Pedro Martinez auto's or RCs.

Perfect ebay rating (100+) and more than 25 ref's on this board... just ask
  • MJ, simple as that.

AirJordan, PM sent.
  • Basketball - Michael Jordan
    Baseball - Babe Ruth
    Football - Walter Payton ?
    Golf - Tiger Woods
    Boxing - Muhammed Ali
    Hockey - Wayne Gretzky
    "There is a reason hidden behind everything we do in life" - Me
    "We always strive toward perfection, even though we can never achieve it"
    "Joy wouldn't feel so good if it weren't for Pain."
    K Thanks man
    Tradelist
  • You're all wrong. The best athlete ever was Carl Lewis.

Forgot about Lance Armstrong. Lewis and Armstrong tie.
    Collecting Kirilenko Auto's, 1/1's, all base, and one of every rookie card.

<< <i>Basketball - Michael Jordan
    Baseball - Babe Ruth
    Football - Walter Payton ?
    Golf - Tiger Woods
    Boxing - Muhammed Ali
    Hockey - Wayne Gretzky >>

Sub UNITAS for Payton
    Tradelist
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Thorpe and Bo excelled in more than on sport... MJ tried another, but baseball was certainly not his forte...
    Neither Thorpe nor Bo were the best in either of the sports they played, but they played everything they did well. That, to me is a true athlete...

• << <i>Thorpe and Bo excelled in more than on sport... MJ tried another, but baseball was certainly not his forte...
    Neither Thorpe nor Bo were the best in either of the sports they played, but they played everything they did well. That, to me is a true athlete... >>

Speaking about legendary multi-sport athletes, Babe Didrickson (sp?)... yes, a WOMAN image... should get at least a tip of the cap image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
    Speaking about legendary multi-sport athletes, Babe Didrickson (sp?)... yes, a WOMAN ... should get at least a tip of the cap

Or a kick in the pants
  • Why would you include McGwire and Sosa in your list? Both of them are cheaters. Sosa with his bat and McGwire with his andro. I know andro is legal but he still used it when no one else did. I am surprised Barry Bonds isn't mentioned. I know he's not the greatest, even in baseball. I think Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, and Nolan Ryan are all ahead of him. But I think he is the 5th best baseball player of all time. 500 HR's and 500 SB's. Thats just insane, to show that kind of power and speed. And to have the fielding prowess that he does to win his gold gloves as well.
    My Kareem Rush Want/Need List
    http://www.freewebs.com/rush21

Collecting Hakeem Olajuwon and Matt Barnes
    http://www.freewebs.com/chrisorsburn

Collecting Jason Terry Autos
    http://www.freewebs.com/terryauto

My Tradelist
    http://groups.msn.com/ChrisPicSite
  • bruce jenner or whatever his last name was. prob most wont even know who he is, lol
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
    LOL, Bruce. I remember seeing him all over Weaties boxes, TV Guides, commercials and doing cameos on TV sitcoms... I must admit, one heck of an olympic athlete, but not an actor.

• << <i>I agree Auto racing would go in the same catagory as Golf dont get me wrong im a golfer and I watch Jr. there not athletes but it is a sport >>

ignorance...

Anyway, the best athlete is probably lance. why wouldn't he be? Mj was awesome too, and by the time tiger's done...
  • baseball-Derek Jeter
    basketball-Shaq
    football-Tie: Joe Namath and P. Manning
    hockey: don't even ask, not even considered a sport!
    jeter auto greensboro minor league baseball on EBAY

***tRaDeLiSt***

70+ refs...just ask!!!

chillinbij7@netscape.net
  • football- Walter Payton, Barry Sanders
    baseball- Pete Rose
    basketball- Dr. J
    Hockey- Wayne if course!
    Looking for Colts and Pacers!

mooregary49@msn.com
    hockey: don't even ask, not even considered a sport!

Do think you have to be more athletic to play hockey than many of those fat arse cretins that play baseball... Baseball is the slowest, most boring of the four major sports. Aside from the occasional bench clearing brawl or the rarely seen "play at the plate" with the runner knocking the snot out of the catcher (or vice versa), baseball blows. Who cares about half of the home runs when many of them are being hit by 'roiders? Now that they've made the strike zone the size of a pea, it keeps getting easier for the hitters to "lock in" on the pitches. The game was better when the guys had to go up there and hack away because everything could be a strike. Now they get to take all of these pitches until the pitcher is forced to throw that juicy meatball...
  • Pete Sampras
    I collect

Jason Richardson 01-02 Rookie Year
    Kenyon Martin 00-01 Rookie Year
  • Jeter? The best baseball player? Please... I'm a huge Yankees fan, but there are scores of players ahead of him in the race for greatest baseball player. He's not even even close to the greatest active player.
    Anyway, now that I've told you how bad he is, what kind of stuff of his are you looking for?
    -nat
    Always looking for Alfonso Soriano RCs, Griffey Jr, Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Pudge Rodriguez, and Pedro Martinez auto's or RCs.

Perfect ebay rating (100+) and more than 25 ref's on this board... just ask
  • Chillinbj- There are 7857744381 things wrong with your list. Peyton Manning best nfl athlete ever. Hardly.

The only real sports there are is

baseball
    softball
    football
    basketball
    soccer
    rugby
    hockey
    My Kareem Rush Want/Need List
    http://www.freewebs.com/rush21

Collecting Hakeem Olajuwon and Matt Barnes
    http://www.freewebs.com/chrisorsburn