Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Best 81's....

Rumor has it that the Best of the Best 81 Topps will be made available for sale by the Gator man.

I've bought from the 81 Guru and can tell you his cards are all top shelf. It will be sad to see
him break up such a fine set with an incredible 9.28 GPA. His eye for excellence is very
much appreciated by this collector. I'm sure there are others here who would agree.
Matt knows the 81's and has built his current set with great care and accepting only the
best cards for this monstrous set.

Good luck Gator! All you 81, team, player, and high end collectors get ready to grab
some nice cards for your sets. Courtesy of the 81 Guru...

aconte

Comments

• Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Already sent an email. Will be looking to purchase a few.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have bought from the Gator as well, and I look forward to seeing to a few certain cards ...
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Hey Matt...

Looking for a few 9's myself..

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Some of the nicest hi end 80s cards I had the pleasure to see up close.Tons of em,tons of unique low pop sharp looking cards that deserve good homes,with good parents who will keep them on the registry.

• Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Tony,

Yes it is true gator will be dropping his 81's. I just put my set open to public yesterday
    and will be adding everything I have roughly around 73%.

I wish this was not the case for this is what I've devoted 2 yrs and countless hours
    striving to put the best example in a holder what the holder sais is not relavant to
    my situation. I will be holding my most favorite cards so please guys don't pry. Yesterday
    was really a reality bummer thinking that they really had to go.

But thats the call and all you collectors I'm sure with be more than happy with this
    product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely, Matt
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Gator-

Are they going up on eBay ?

John
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I have purchased several White Sox cards from Gator and those 8's are as nice as any 9 or 10 I own. I would love to see what his 10's look like!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    If you want to see what some of his PSA 10's look like, just check out my 1981 Topps Philadelphia Phillies Partial Team Set

You can view it here

Though I don't have pictures of all of the 10s -- I can say that Gator5 has helped me tremendously in putting this together. His 10's are nothing short of extraordinary -- and I thank him to this day for the extraordinary opportunity he afforded me so many months ago...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    I see a few 81 10s in my ebay search,I'll assume they are yours, Matt.

Good luck!

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been searching for a nice 81 Rod carew #100 if avail.
    PM or email.
    Thanks,
    R

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Carew,

Toss me your email..

Gator
  • Options
    Gator - do you have any '81 Phillies in PSA 8? Please let me know - thanks, Larry
  • Options
    Larry,

Sorry I do not. The only 8 I have is lonnie smith and will go on ebay tonight.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Gator,

stevie_ray98@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Carew,

Youve been emailed...

I'd just like to thank all of you for the fine words. Especially marc, this guy has every
    philly I've owned in 10 and well deserved. They have found a good home. A no bs
    type of guy he want them and always follows through. THANK YOU

Gatorimage
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Gator:

Thanks for the kind words. With an upcoming announcement from me (figure first week in August), I am attempting to close up some loose ends every here and there. With the help of Gator, I am now proud to announce that I am the proud owner of every 1981 regular issue Mike Schmidt card in PSA 10 GEM MINT grade. Though I am missing some oddballs (Fleer variation in top grade) and have some other cards in "only" 8 or 9, I think this is a great accomplishment for me. I've submitted some of the Fleer 10's myself, have two individuals to think for the toughie Donruss 10's, submitted all three of the 1981 Topps Drakes 9s myself, and have a bunch of Stickers in now hoping for a few upgrades. Across the board, 1981 is an extraordinarily tough year -- and I am happy to shut the door on another of the cards.

1981 is the first year that I really started collecting cards. As a snot-nosed five-year old, I probably wreaked havoc around my father's supermarket as I ate doughnuts, squeezed fresh orange juice and tried to fire our head butcher. I still remember the shoebox my mother helped me maintain for organizing my baseball cards (a concept that still eludes me 22 years later!). 1981 Topps it was -- and these 10s are the perfect memory of years gone by that my mind likes to maintain. In reality, I abused the Phillies cards more than any other...

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>With an upcoming announcement from me (figure first week in August), I am attempting to close up some loose ends every here and there. >>

Uh Oh...should we be checking the balances in our checking accounts?? image

John
  • Options

Is marc married???????????

Pleasure was mine marc and your wright 81 is a tough year for cards condition wise.
    To think who thought up 81 donruss and topps let alone all the oddball stuff.

All that said the phillies are up....hence check out the bullimage