Home U.S. Coin Forum

It's Better than I Expected!

I got my latest ebay Morgan today. It's better than I expected. The first two pictures are from the auction and the last two are mine.
imageimage

imageimage
Just My 2 Cents,
Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7

Comments

• Is that the one that went for $16.50?

• << <i>Is that the one that went for $16.50? >>

It's the very one. Looks like I got one heck of a deal. Did you bid on it?
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7
  • seems like a ton of coin for $16.50. Very nice bargain
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

• << <i>

<< <i>Is that the one that went for $16.50? >>

It's the very one. Looks like I got one heck of a deal. Did you bid on it? >>

No I didn't bid, but you did good. image

• << <i>seems like a ton of coin for $16.50. Very nice bargain >>

Once in a while you can catch a good bargain. The seller mentioned a mark on the cheek that would keep it from grading above MS63. I don't see anything that would keep it from a 65 IMO.
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

• Anybody else think it can go MS65?
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

• holy crap!ill give u all the money in my wallet for it! *takes money out of wallet and puts in pocket* deal?

• << <i>holy crap!ill give u all the money in my wallet for it! *takes money out of wallet and puts in pocket* deal? >>

Geez, lemme think on that one... do you have five millllllliioooon dollars in your wallet??image
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

• Looks awesome, but I'm a little worried about the eagles breast (is that a weak strike or lite rub?) and the overall luster seems as though it might have been lightly polished/whizzed. Hope it slabs for you, and you've done well!

• << <i>Looks awesome, but I'm a little worried about the eagles breast (is that a weak strike or lite rub?) and the overall luster seems as though it might have been lightly polished/whizzed. Hope it slabs for you, and you've done well! >>

The breast feathers didn't come out well in the picture. There is no rub and I think it's actually a good strike for a Philly Morgan. I don't think it's been whizzed - dipped lightly maybe. I've got PCGS slabbed Morgans with similar amounts of luster so I'm optimistic it will slab.
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

• baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    you can take what's in my wallet or whatever's behind door #1.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!

• << <i>you can take what's in my wallet or whatever's behind door #1. >>

From what I've been hearing, Door #1 might be a body bag. Oh well, if it gets bagged I can always send it to ACG!
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file