Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Set Registry Special Is Up. What do you think?

I like it. A reduction from $10 to $8 with no minimum quantity and 15-day turnaround for vintage (pre-1975) commons is good enough for me and hopefully for others, too.

Skycap

Comments

• Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Doesn't do much for me. I'd much rather extend the turnaround time in exchange for reducing the price, even if it meant a 50 or 100-card minimum.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    I am with Mike I would rather see a 6 or 7 for over 50 - 100 and have to wait 30 days. All in all I will use this special.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    I don't mind this special, since I don't normally submit 50 or 100 cards in a year, so it's nice to see the no minimum. I'll definitely take advantage of the special.
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    I'm with Mike and Dave...

The short term turnaround is not as important as a better price for a larger group of cards.

Still think PSA should go to a tiered (quantity) system, and have more choices depending on the "number" of cards in each group. I'd like to see price breaks on groups of 1, 10, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, regardless if the cards were new or old, stars or commons.

$.02.

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I like your idea kellogg, I would submit 500 at a time if the price is right. This special doesn't do anything for me. I do mostly 70's card and I would take a beating if I paid $8 per card. Turnaround time doesn't matter for me either. 45 days is fine with me as long as the price is right. This special is good for 50's guys. There's an entire segment of the market (Late 60's-1974) that is being missed with these specials lately. Even at $7 per card, you would lose money unless your were getting all 9's or some 10's. 1975 has become my set of choice for submitting because I can get the $6 100+ deal and they sell for more that all other 1970's issues except the 71's. Until a better deal than $7 per card comes along, I'll just hang on to my pre 1975 stuff. I've got about 300 1974's that I am tired of sitting on but taking a loss on them isn't an option. The $1 per card difference between 1974's and 1975's is usually most all of the profit margin on them. I emailed them about moving the $6 bulk rate to include 72's, 73's, and 74's since they are taking a beating on EBay but as you can guess, I got no response.
  • Options
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Wabbitwax. PSA seems to be missing the boat on a (I believe "large") number of collectors who are sitting on tons of raw cards from the late 60s to early 70s waiting for the right grading fee. Eight dollars per card just doesn't do it for me (about 150 raw 71 commons I am looking to grade). To make economic sense to me, I would need the price to be $5.00 to $6.00 (I plan on sending in some cards that will most likely grade a 7, my minimum grade). I don't know if PSA can or will ever drop down to this price level again but a boy can dream...... image

• Options
    This special will get my 50s cards off of the dining room table. My wife will be happy. image

SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Options
    Where do you see $8? All I see is $10 for 5 day turn around. Can someone please help me see where the $8 special is?

Thanks,

Glen
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    SinibobCards...

I want to help you and your wife out...No really....err....Just send all your 50's material to me...Yeah...then you'll have room for all the lovely china you got at your wedding.....ha....

Welcome to the board!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Thanks King.
    SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=