Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check Out AH's new auction terms

"*** WE DO NOT ACCEPT BIDS FROM ANYONE WITH A RATING OF 10 OR LESS OR RCC MEMBERS . IF YOU WIN A ITEM WITH A RATING OF 10 OR LESS OR ARE A RCC MEMBER, WE WILL NOT SHIP THE ITEM TO YOU AND ASK EBAY TO CANCEL YOUR BID OR FEEDBACK. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY BID.*******"

Link

So, I assume if you are a PCGS board member you can bid to your heart's content! image

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My heart is contented by not bidding atall on his awkshuns.
  • Options
    'ACCUGRADE, INC has never had a major complaint filed against them in 19 years. '

rofl!
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Too bad there isn't an icon here for profuse crying. I'm so sad for him... image

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Whats an RCC Member? Royal Crown Cola?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i took the liberty of rewriting it for Mr. H.

"*** WE DO NOT ACCEPT BIDS FROM ANYONE who knows how to grade or may have been burned by purchasing Accugrade holdered coins in the past. IF YOU WIN A ITEM and know how to grade or may have been burned by purchasing Accugrade holdered coins in the past, WE WILL NOT SHIP THE ITEM TO YOU AND ASK EBAY TO CANCEL YOUR BID OR FEEDBACK because we expect that after you receive the coin(s) you'll be returning them anyway. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY BID, Na Na NaNa Na!!!!! don't mess with us, buster, especially that K6AZ dude.*******"

al h.image
  • Options
    Remember that ACG PR68 quarter I bid on? He cancelled the auction.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    lets all bid on the auctions so he'll have no customers!
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Reading that listing makes me disgusted. I guess a major complaint is a conviction followed by sentencing calling for death by legal injection. I know of lots of complaints, any of which I would consider to be troublesome, and collectively I consider to be major. These folks should be in jail.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    hookooekoohookooekoo Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    **********ACG OFFERS A COMPARABLE GRADE TO PCGS & NGC AT A BETTER PRICE****

Given that the definition of "comparable" is "capable of being compared; permitting comparison" I guess the quote is true (after all it is easy to compare an MS-65 1921 SLQ to a cleaned VF-35 1922 SLQ).

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Lava, dont hold back. Tell us how you really feel.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    These people think they are very clever. What these new terms tell you is they only want people who won't complain, and won't stand up for their rights as a buyer.

As far as their "no major complaints" speil, I guess this doesn't constitute a major complaint:

STUPPLER: Hi, Larry. It's Barry Stuppler. We're here at the ANA hearing and I wanted you to share your experience with Accugrade in regard to that 16-D dime.

WHITLOW: I will be very happy to. I was at a coin show in Baltimore, approximately a year ago. Somebody approached me and offered to sell me a 1916-D dime. I believe it was graded AU-50, and I bought the coin. The coin was priced at a fair market. I paid something like $3500 for it. And I paid the man. In fact, the fellow wanted cash. He said he was a collector and I got identification and wrote him a check and had him endorse the check to me and so I cashed the check for him. A little while later I looked at the coin closely. When I bought it I didn't think I had anything to worry about because I just glanced at it because it was in an Accugrade holder, so I just assumed that it was going to be real. I showed it to somebody else and I questioned it and when I looked, put a glass on and looked, I realized the coin was bad also. So I walked the coin over to Alan Hager who was at the show and I said, "Alan, take a look at this." And I handed him the coin and he just looked at it for like 3 or 4 seconds, turned his back on me, took a couple of steps over and I heard plastic crack, and the next thing you know, he's handing me the coin back out of the holder. I said, "You can't do that." I don't remember what his response was, but I ended up going over and getting the fellow that runs the show, Ed Kuzmere, and explained to him what happened and we went back and Alan ended up agreeing to paying me the money that I had paid for the coin which I did get. It took me as I recall, probably a month or so or three or four weeks to get the money, but I did get my money back. But what he did was totally totally unethical to take my coin and my property and crack it out of the holder like that. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

• Options
    So, K6AZ, what's your personal beef with this guy? Seems like you spend an awful lot of time on this subject.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    How could a guy with as much experience as Larry Whitlow say something like " ...because it was in an Accugrade holder, so I just assumed that it was going to be real..." Shouldn't he know better?
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that story for real?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>How could a guy with as much experience as Larry Whitlow say something like " ...because it was in an Accugrade holder, so I just assumed that it was going to be real..." Shouldn't he know better? >>

He does now. And this story has been verified with two other people.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

What is an RCC Member?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165

<< <i>How could a guy with as much experience as Larry Whitlow say something like " ...because it was in an Accugrade holder, so I just assumed that it was going to be real..." Shouldn't he know better? >>

In my opinion ACG is just known for overgrading coins, but seem to be able to authenticate coins properly.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    I'm surprised ACG doesn't just flat out ban all ANA members.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    "RCC" is an abbreviation for the Usenet newsgroup rec.collecting.coins. There is no such thing as "RCC members", though. Anyone can post to RCC.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    That fact alone that I will not be able to bid on AH coins will make me loose sleep. Its funny to see that ACG continues to conquer new grounds of insanity. The Numismatic Axis of Evil, which includes NTC,ACG,Littleton, and Coin Vault, all have a very warm spot downstairs.

Brian.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I just sent him a question about ACG's FH designation on SLQs. I asked if there is another designation for complete head, hair, and leaf details, as ACG's FH cannot mean what PCGS & NGC's does.

Maybe with more questions, we can also get banned.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    BUT BUT BUT K6AZ, what about our NGC Registry Sets? From ahcollectables eBay's ME page ME..........
    <<<If you are working on an NGC REGISTRY SET from 1960 and up, we will make it a point to beat any dealers advertised price.>>>

Customer service?
    <<<We will bend over backwards to please you.>>>
    Who's bending who over?

He really likes ACG holders.
    <<<We carry over 3000 ACG certified coins in stock at all times.>>>

He really likes NGC holders the best.
    <<<We carry over 5000 NGC certified coins in stock at all times.>>>

No wonder I can't find any NGC 70's for my set.
    <<<We have over 500 NGC 70'S in stock>>>
    500? You gotta be joking! Wondercoin doesn't even have that many 70's.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file