Options

Last minute set registry updates

Here is a good example state quarters

Does this also consider as "sniping" image
an SLQ and Ike dollars lover

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JC: Disappointing to say the least. Donn (now #2) is a "world class" gentleman. He was #1 basically 364/365 of the days. He will lose the #1 spot because a pop 1 coin he bought and WHICH WAS COMMITTED TO HIM earlier this month was taken away from him (i.e. seller could not follow through on "done deal"). Anyone who truly cares (and I know) can PM me for specifics. That coin made the difference between the #1 and #2 slots as Donn had a couple more coins to add today which he just recently bought.

Of course, Donn deserves to be #1. He built his set through hard work on a school teacher's salary. He had the coin which locked him into the #1 set TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM after he had a "done deal" on it. Donn's father invented the Pinewood Derby - anyone who has a kid in Boy Scouts knows what I am talking about. They honored Donn and his father last month here in CA, giving them them keys to the City. Donn is too much of a gentleman to make a "stink" about the coin that was taken from him and made him #2. Donn is not interested in hiring an attorney to fight for the coin that he closed a deal on. Donn is not interested in writing PCGS to claim "foul" in the contest. Knowing Donn, he will simply accept his #2 finish and move on. Donn is #1 in my book and in the eyes of several other state quarter collectors who know why he finished up #2.

Wondercoin

PS - I have no actual knowledge of who the new #1 set is - the set is totally hidden and the set owner's name is not familar to me. I also have no information that whomever the new #1 set owner is played an active role in disrupting Donn's "done deal" on the coin that should have made Donn #1. Finally, I am not upset with the seller who could not deliver the coin to Donn as he explained to me why"his hands were tied" and he is a good guy image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm waiting for EBL III to add the two 2002 coins to his proof Kennedy set and retake #1. Last year he waited to the very end.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened at least a few days ago (the state quarter update). image
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053