Home U.S. Coin Forum

Lincoln Cent Wheat, grading ?

anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
I have a couple of grading questions for the early lincoln collectors out there.

Very Good - Half of wheat lines visible. I take this to mean I can see half of all wheat lines, not just a part of half the wheat lines.

Fine - "All of all" wheat lines are visible, not juat a part of every wheat line.

I've seen and bought sight unseen (very low price) cents graded Fine by the seller that I grade good by the way I interpret the grades.

How do you gared VG anf F.

Thanks, mikeimage
Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields

Comments

• There's a great book, it's old, and it's at the shop, so I can't give you the name of it..........Brown is the author, and the pictures are worth 1,000 words.................but I would say that except for the key and semi-key date coins in the lincoln series, the grade of VG and Fine, don't matter too much................take each book's grading and add them together and divide by 12............image.....I say some lines for VG, and most lines for Fine........some dates and mints were softly struck to begin with so...................
    New shop..........New lessons every day...............
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    A Guide To Grading U.S. Coins, 4th edition by Martin R. Brown and John W. Dunn.

I have a copy that I'll sell you if you want. PM me if interested.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from a great week with my family. I hope everyones was as great as mine

Thank you bothimage for tour replay. But what i was looking for was a poll/understanding on your interpritation of those grades.

<coiNuts --- I say some lines for VG, and most lines for Fine........some dates and mints were softly struck to begin with so...................> image

Thanks, mikeimage
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file