Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Listing. 1971 Kelloggs Master Set

Is anyone else planning on chasing the newly listed 1971 Kellogg's master set? I can't imagine a tougher Kellogg's challenge. I expect I'll get the nerve in the next few days to see what I need. Hate to go it alone. I at least need a lifeguard.
Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.

Comments

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Hey, whoever submits a set first will be #1 for a little while at least. I'll have to find a '71 Kelloggs laying around here to register. image

Mick, I'll update my spreadsheets this evening. All that work for nothing. Oh well, the 2 new ones will be simple.

JEB.
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Hey Mick...

I'm in with 'ya.....It'll be fun!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Sort of like jumping into a lake. We won't really know what's under the surface until we give it a try.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    I updated my spreadsheets to include the basic and master sets. Load in your grades to the master ... see how your set rates:

Set Registry Spreadsheets

Did anyone look at the individual weights for each card? I wonder how you guys feel about them?

JEB.
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    I was wandering over on the Set Registry...the 1971s and I came across this set....I had to post the link becuase the set description is so DAMN funny. Others might enjoy Ray Boehm's 3D Dumpster Love - The Long Strange Trip To My 71' Kelloggs Set
  • Options
    I just tried to load in my set and when I hit the "continue" button, I got an error page. When I tried to retrieve the page, it came up blank, and right now I don't feel like going back and plugging in all those damn card #'s again - maybe another day. I did discover that of the 101 cards in the master set, I am about 20 short - Larry, Mick, et. al - got anything for sale???? image
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    mrc32...

Yeah, Ray has had that story in there since the begining....

A real classic...Loved reading it again!

Psssst....(Ray....maybe you could add a few more this year...................(1) PSA 8..??!!)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! As they say...it's a true story! It really happened just like that.

Larry,

I really would like to roll out a legitimate effort on this set but I spend every spare dime trying to complete my other life's passion... the 69' Topps set.
    Someday I will chip away at that Kelloggs passion and start adding cards...as long as I don't have to eat any more Corn Flakes!
    Meanwhile I felt that the best forum for sharing the story was to post my only graded card of the set in the registry so others might get some enjoyment from it.

Mrc32 - Gald you enjoyed it also.

Hope to bump into all you guys at the show at the end of the month.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Speaking of Kellogg's, I just finished my 1973 set tonight by winning the Ryan auction - it still leaves me a distant third behind Larry and Mick for that year however, but watch your 6 o'clock guys! image
  • Options
    Are you still collecting the 1971 Kellogg's?
    Enjoy the hobby.
  • Options
    Howdy!
    I know that Mick is still collecting kelloggs cards! He has the #1 71 Kelloggs master set and #2 kelloggs football set from that year too... I'm sure he is up there with the '70 kelloggs football set. I just bought five '71 kelloggs psa 8 football cards from him... Check him out on the set registry site for his email address if wanting to buy or trade with him.... Best of luck! Paul