Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Storage Boxes

If you submit 20 coins for grading at one time on one invoice, do you get a PCGS storage box?

Numonebuyer

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    I have got one with 5 coins before.
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    I think they give you one if you submit 6 or more coins.
    imageimage

• Yes, I think if you submit at least 14 you get one!!
  • 5,6,14...I'm confused.image

• So, I guess I can safely assume a 20 coin submission will get me a box.

LOL

Numonebuyer
  • Let me throw a "7" into the fray. My smallest submission was 7 coins and I received them in a storage box.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Twenty is a gaurentee!! imageimage
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten the box with submissions of 6 and 7 coins, so I think your 20 coin submission is a lock for the box!
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    What happens if you submit 21?image
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I have them stacked to the rafters from every submission that had five or more coins. Those cheapskates at NGC just ship in corrugated boxes no matter how many are on the submission. Of course, they're a hell of a lot faster than PCGS.

Russ, NCNE
  • I have never submitted more than 4 at a time to PCGS. Each was a Collectors Club Submission. I never received a PCGS box (I wonder why after reading the posts). I only have two PCGS boxes and I got those by buying a handful of PCGS coins in auctions on eBay.

I am about to submit 20 crossovers, so I guess I should get a box.

Numonebuyer
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    As long as 5 or more cross image
  • I got 6 in an envelope last week...
  • FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    I got 8 BBs in a box. I figure they felt sorry for me and threw in a box as a goodwill gesture.

Michael
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    At the Long Beach show last year I had a single reslab and it came in a boximage, but generally for me it was six or more.

Tom
    Tom

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the old green boxes. image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    PCGS and NGC are both pretty good about giving out the boxes free at major shows. I have four from PCGS and two from NGC and I've never submitted a single coin to either service.For what it's worth,the NGC boxes holds both slabs,while the PCGS is a tad short.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I guess this explains why Fairtraderz has PCGS & NGC boxes galore on eBay!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file