Home U.S. Coin Forum

Found my first one of these!!!!!!...AH

Found my first raw AH on my own last weekend. Any opinions? It has some milk spots and hairlines......Ken..PS>>One less for Russ!
..imageimage

Comments

• Great pickup Ken. Of course you know this makes you a hated man!!image
  • My First one is pictured below. I bought it raw in a proof set. Thanks to Russ and his tips I was able to identify it, I've picked up another since then.image
    Proud to be an American.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Cool, looks like a nice CAM!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Hey Marty, I believe you may be right! I was just excited about finding my first one raw on my own that I overlooked the Cam...
    ...Ken
  • Great looking coin!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Thanks guys, now that I've got the first one under my belt, maybe some more will come along a little easier....Ken
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Crap. More competition.

Russ, NCNE
  • Competition is great...Ken
  • wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    Ken:
    It looks like a 68 to me.

Brian.
  • No image
  • PF67UC (NGC) out of proof set.
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Sorry to be the decenting voice but, are we all sure Kens` find is an AH?

If that lower left serif of the I in LIBERTY is truncated then yes ,for sure its AH.

I just cant read the `hair` on your pic very well.
    Oldtrader3,

The coin that you provided an image of is not the Accented Hair variety.

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>are we all sure Kens` find is an AH? >>

Cam40,

Yes, it is the Accented Hair.

Russ, NCNE
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    I see.

But....did NGC mis-label OT3s JFK as AH?

Or does it not say that on the slab OT3?

Its a lovely piece regardless OT3.
  • DanCDanC Posts: 1,189
    Nice snag ksteelheader,

It's fun when you finally are able to "see" them isn't it? It's weird. For the longest time I couldn't tell.

Looks good - the reverse is hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like it'd go PR66CAM to me. Nice job! image
  • I just got mine back form PCGS just the other day and thought mine was a lock at cam, didn't happen. The SMS 67 that I submitted along with it had less contrast and the fields were not even comparible. The 67 SMS cam back with a cam designation? I have no clue what kept the AH from getting a cam designation, although the picture is not very good, I'm having a lighting problem when taking pictures, this coin does have nice black mirrored fields and a fair amount of frost on the devices. I believe it's got something to do with submitting on the economy service. I don't believe I'll be using it any more and see if the regular submission has any better results.image
    Proud to be an American.
  • Please help me "see" the accented hair........I have looked and tried, feels like one of those 3d puzzle pictures....I've never been able to do one of those yet either..............thanks coiNuts
    New shop..........New lessons every day...............
  • This is from Russ and is where I learned the differenceimageRuss on AH Kennedy's
    Proud to be an American.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file