Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Set Registry Special

Anyone hear anything yet on this? I do hope it is something I can actually make use of this time. Personally, the last couple of specials have been outside of my areas of interest.

Comments

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Oh great. I don't even need a calendar anymore. I can tell the end of the month is near when half the threads here relate to this topic.

Why even ask? Can you ever remember a month that someone posted that they knew in advance what the special was going to be? Wait a few more days and you'll find out. Then I will know it's the beginning of the month because half of the threads will be about how bad the new special sucks.

JEB.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    JEB -

Rough day?
  • Options
    No. Slow day. Why do you ask?

JEB.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    You just seemed a little more curmudgeon than your usual self.
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Geez Jeb, relax. Sorry I "ruined" your day.
  • Options
    Sorry. I guess my reply was too sarcastic. But did you really think that you'd get an accurate answer? We'd all love another great special like last September's Set Registry special, but it's probably not going to happen again. Just build up enough cards (and cash!!) to submit bulk (minimjm 100 cards) and you'll get the same deal. Go in on it with 1, 2, 3, or more others to save even more (I'll be putting together a bulk submission in a few weeks with my sister's boyfriend and I'd be happy to go in on another submission in the future if anyone's interested). If you got 10 people together with 10 cards each, it wouldn't cost any more than a special.

Again, I'm sorry if I sounded too abrasive. I was bored and hoping for some good discussion, not the same thread that comes up multiple times at the end of every month.

JEB.
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    JEB,

I thought the bulk submission was only for 1975 to present. What about the older cards? Is there a bulk deal on those that I am unaware of?

Luke
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    Luke,

Yes, they do have a bulk "vintage" rate as well.

This is from a submission form:

"Vintage Common
    (Non-Star/Non-Premium Cards) $7 --- 45 Business Days - Guaranteed
    Cards dated 1974 and prior. Min. order 100 cards."

JEB.

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    I have it on good authority that the July special will be....
    ........................"no soup for you"
  • Options
    I guess I was hoping there was something inclusive of the star cards. I have only 40-50 vintage commons and about the same qty in star cards. I am still clinging to the hope that there will be another special that will let me submit them all together. Otherwise I will probably pass.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    seriously, the new special is $5 crossover grading (stars or commons) for gold and platinum members.
    this offer will be extended for on-site crossovers at the national (for members only).
    thanks Joe...this one rocks!

looks like I'll need that roof rack for the trip down.
  • Options
    Is that for first time members only?
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>seriously, the new special is $5 crossover grading (stars or commons) for gold and platinum members. >>

by Crossover you mean...
    what exactly?

Is this where we send in our GAI/SGC/BGS
    cards for review and reslabbing?

And does PSA do the slab cracking?

imageimage
  • Options
    anyone with answers to my questions on this?
    imageimage
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    BKAH - If its a crossover, PSA has to do the slab cracking. If we did it, how would they know its a crossover? ...jay
  • Options
    brucemobrucemo Posts: 358
    I haven't been able to use any of the specials for like six months. They've all been for "caviar, 10% off", or "50% off all restaurants above the arctic circle". I want real food, and I want to be able to get to it locally.

Meaning, if they do $6-7 baseball, I'll submit cards. Otherwise, the stuff sits in a box. I am not interested in express grading for a couple of bucks off, nor do I have non-sports, boxing, or wrestling cards.

If the registry people are unable to offer good specials because Joe won't let them, because there is a need to be more profitable, or for whatever reason, that's fine. But I simply can't submit what I don't have, and I can't submit what I do have at $10 per card.

So frankly, I don't care what the registry special is anymore. Maybe they'll have a good one again sometime, but I think that it's possible that good specials have gone the way of eBay free listing day.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • Options
    qmayerqmayer Posts: 286
    Has anyone ever organized a deal to send cards to an elected person to send in a combined invoice for the "modern bulk" option? I know people have maybe 10 or 20 cards they'd like to get graded, but don't want to pay the shipping for the small number of cards, or don't want to have to pay $10/card. $6/card for 1975 and newer. Don't have to wait for a registry special. My problem is is that I have the cards, but no funds to get them graded! image

Justin
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM
  • Options
    Justin,

Read my third post on this thread. This is what I suggested. I have done it before, I'm going to do it in a few weeks (I'm flying to Pennsylvania tomorrow and bringing back about 60-70 cards from my sister's boyfriend to combine on a submission), and I have already offered to do it again if anyone's interested. If you want to, let me know in the next couple of weeks, and I can add some cards to my submission for you.

JEB.
  • Options
    qmayerqmayer Posts: 286
    Doh! I guess great minds think alike...

Justin
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I know that I am in the minority...but I really liked the last special they did with hockey, golf, etc. I was able to submit some 1964 Tall Boys for $6 and got 2 week turn around. I would have submitted much more...but the $2500 + 1964 Topps set that I bought on EBAY "got lost" ... What's more...the seller could provide NO PROOF OF SHIPMENT after agreeing to ship insured. I guess since I couldn't be bitter about the special...I choose to be bitter about the seller wasting my time. I guess as long as everyone's pis.s.ed off...it really doesn't matter why. All that matters is that everyone has something to be angry about.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Now, What happened to that "crossover/crackout" special????

Hmmmmm.........

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options

<< <i>seriously, the new special is $5 crossover grading (stars or commons) for gold and platinum members.
    this offer will be extended for on-site crossovers at the national (for members only).
    thanks Joe...this one rocks!

looks like I'll need that roof rack for the trip down.
    image >>

murcerfan
    Did you drop the ball or did they change their minds?

what happened to the Crossover deal?

imageimage