Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1985 and 1986 Topps Football ?

I just signed up for that $20 psa deal and will be submitting cards for the first time. These are the 2 sets i'm going to work on the most for the registry. I'm looking at submitting these years mainly. Any of you busted much from these years. What is best way to get Psa 9+ material. Wax packs, cello, boxes. I see grocery packs of these on ebay, is $20 the going rate for them. I will be at the National (first one for me) will they're be lots unopened stuff there. Just wondering. NHLfightguy

Comments

• AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Stay away from the Grocery packs. The 12-card cellos inside are wrapped tightly with a stick of gum in the middle, which makes for 12 warped cards. You'll do fine with wax, cello, or rack, although I can't say which would be the best of the bunch. There are also sealed factory sets out there like this, but they get pretty pricey. Your best bet might be to buy singles in bulk from a guy like this, and buy the stars already graded. There's no shortage of quality singles available from these years, so going the unopened route might be the most expensive. Good luck and let me know if you pull any Marcus Allen 10's image

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • I agree with AlanAllen, stay away from the grocery racks and stick with the other packs. Currently I have the #1 85 football set and all cards are from my own submissions. I found I pretty much got the same grades from any packs, but I also have gone through nearly 3200 85's to get what I have so far. So depending on what average grade you are looking for be ready for a tough job. Not only are the corners tough to find in mint condition but watch out for print defects too. And when it comes to the 85's, singles that have been sitting around for awhile, forget about it, I had to go back and buy unopened in order to get cards worth grading. Good luck with your new sets and I look forward to watching you build your set.

Mike