Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A question about roosie full bands

I see on the pop report that there are no circulated full band roosie's . Is this because they are not worth the cost of slabing ? I have found a few( 10 ) full bands when I searched my stash of pocket change,some 70 and 80 and 90's Do you think they are worth sending them in ?

Walt image

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the current time there are very few circulated clads that command much of a
    premium. Other than errors and varieties an AU 83-P quarter is one of a few.
    There are many which are quite tough but most of the people collecting these
    coins are not willing to pay a premium yet so it will take some time. There are an
    increasing number of buys on circ material. One buyer pays $2.25 for AU '76 t1
    dollars. And there is more activity in circ quarters all the time.

If you believe you have some that are scarce or rare then hold on to them until
    the market catches up with you, otherwise they may not even be worth holding
    on to. In any case you won't be able to sell them for enough to cover the cost of
    slabbing unless there are no uncs in FB for that date.
    Tempus fugit.
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I don't think that PCGS would grade a circulated coin and give the designation. I believe the designation is for MS coins only.