Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

FB Silver Rosy Dimes - still 3 dates w/o MS67FB pop's - quickie update

Well, its almost been 90 days since PCGS started designating FB Rosy's and we still have 3 coins where there are NO MS67FB (or better) grades: 1957P, 1958P, and 1963P. There are still 2 coins with pop-1's: 1954-S and 1955-S. Its still early but collectors "in the know" will certainly recognize 4 of these 5 date/mint coins as "I though so's". In another month, all the "free" Registry set regrades should be complete and it will be interesting to see what kind of progress is made......
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig, I believe the 61P in Bill Walser's set is also a pop 1 in 67FB. I didn't expect the 61 or 63 to be that tough. I thought they
    would be in the better date category, but not on top of the heap with the 54S & 55S. Always knew the 57 & 58 would become
    the keys. But like you said.... There's still a lot of time before this all plays out. No matter what I still believe he hold the 68FB's
    hold's the title.

onlyroosies
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about FB clads? Are any of these not made yet?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How about FB clads? Are any of these not made yet? >>

I would think looking at the pop report would answer your own question.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
    Craig,

What do you mean free? I thought that expired a month or so ago.

Casabrown
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Casabrown, I recall that PCGS offered all registry set holders as of 3-11-03, that they could send those coins (specific SN's) in their Registry set as of that date into PCGS for free designation as long as the coins were received by 6-30-03.

PCGS made a different offer to those that did not have Registry coins as of 3-11-03 (ie, coins with SN's not in a Registry set), that they could send in coins by 4-30-03 and have them reviewed for $5/coin.

Simply looking at the Registry sets (silver), one can see that some have yet to be (if ever) submitted and reviewed under the "free" registry set offer that expires next Monday......free usually means if someone's gonna do it, that means they'll take advantage of the offer. In particular, D. Bittle comes to mind with his 4 Registry sets listed (that's 192 coins) and I further recall him noting on a prior post that he had a 5th set and a total of over 500 PCGS slabbed Rosy's - and 500 Rosy's can make a significant change in the pop's. Allowing PCGS 3-4 weeks to complete the review after the 6-30 deadline, we may have more pop's to begin to see a clearer picture by the end of July..........
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
    Craig,

Thanks for the clarification.

Casabrown