Home U.S. Coin Forum

interesting find while wondering

I spent a considerible amount of time wondering why I bought the ICG signature series quarters with the artists sigs. I paid handsomly for these and probably cant get a decent offer for em.

anyhow after staring at them it hit me right smack in the face...ICG used serioulsy nice stock when putting these together....67/68/69 coins easy...and early issues...who wouldve thought...now the question

crack n submit or sell the way they are?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    pontiacinf,

I would value these coins for the piece of history that they are and consider myself lucky that they’re in such perfect condition.

Though you may not have made a wise investment, for the sake of future collectors, I'd leave them as is.

Just imagine if you could purchase an obsolete coin (i.e. Indian Head cent, Morgan dollar, etc.) in a signature slab from one of those long gone artists. It would seem to me that the grade would almost be an after thought.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • I bought 2 of the N.Y. sig sets.I remember I paid $40.00 a set and I too think that they are quality coins grade wise.I got them for my girls.I would love to have F.G.'s sig. in a couple of my slabs.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill, If you think some are MS68's with a shot at 9 I'd crack and submit. There was a Dealer at Long Beach that had a tupperware oversized container full of these Signature Slabs and he was asking something like $10. a coin, or so. He said he was loosing tons but there was NO aftermarket, now, for these creations. I never thought to look closer at the COINS themselves and see exactly what quality was holdered. I'm glad you did and are in a position to take advantage of it.

peacockcoins

• pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    MY GRADING SKILLS ARE MISRIBLE AT BEST BUT THESE ARE BLAZERS...oops...sorry bout caps..anyhow ill be looking em over tonight.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...this is just one of the many things I love about this site. Thanks.
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file