Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Help with submission results

I just received my results from my submission. They were all crossovers 3 made it and the 4th did not. I sent the 4th in with a cross at any grade, it came back with DNC. Will PCGS specify why it didnt cross at any grade ? I sure would like to know what happened . I emailed pcgs, and as of yet no responce.

Any help would be appreciated .
Thanks
Walt

Comments

• Options
    If you specified cross at any grade they should cross it!!!

I noticed that they delayed the implementation of "expanded" crossover service where they actually tell you why the coin didn't cross. They say they are too behind in their grading and will start explaining grades once they catch up.
  • Options
    Carl, when I checked my submission on line all it said was DNC. Would there be a no grade designation like 91/n-1or92/n-2 and so forth on the submission results. example whizzed or AT or something like that .

Walt
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭
    Another example of the graders not reading the invoices.
    imageimage

• Options
    If you sent a coin in at "cross at any grade" and PCGS sends it back DNC it means that they would have body bagged it for cleaning, AT, damage, etc. Not neccessarily that the grader did not read the invoice. I don't think they have started giving the reason yet.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it did not cross due to the other things, they should include the code for these things (I would think) Just like with a BB.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    This is what they listing for the reason on not listing why.

Crossover Expanded Service Delay
    PCGS apologizes for the delay in the grading notification on the Crossover Service for the coins that do not cross(DNC). This is a temporary delay until all service levels return to their expected turnaround times. We think you will agree that getting your coins back in a timely manner should be job #1. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

I thought if you request cross to any grade, PCGS will crack the coin out of the holder and then send it to grading room. The grader should not know the service is "cross to any grade." If there is any problem to the coin, they will BB the coin.

Unlike the re-grade, (for re-grade, PCGS also crack out the coin and then send it to grading room based on HomeRunH statement), if the coin indeed has issue(s), they won't BB it but put the same grade and return it to you.

Correct me if I am wrong. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "Cross-at-any-grade" will NOT get the coin OUT of the older holder if the coin will indeed NOT "cross-at-any-grade".

peacockcoins

• Options
    izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
    PCGS did get back to me by Email. They said the coin did not cross due to some mild cleaning.image

Oh Well the other 3 made it image

Thanks for all the advice

Walt
  • Options
    Wonder why they didn't put it on the submission results. Oh, that's right. Then you wouldn't have anything to worry about.image