Home U.S. Coin Forum

FAKE 1916D????? What do you think????

I assure you this is a fake 16D. But that is not what I am trying to point out here, read his/her add, sounds like a scam..DO NOT BID ON THIS (all you get are pictures).. but I do tend to read to much into some of these adds. Just a topic to find out what all think of this. FAKE 16d
Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>

Comments

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linkage?
  • Sorry OUTHAUL...you are a quick one!image
    Dennis

My Dimes

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    what is the wavy stuff in the field on the right side of the reverse.

I still do not understand the purpose of the description and the auction.
    My having never seen one before, what leads you to believe it's fake? The only thing that seems suspicious to me is that if it were authentic it would be holdered. Just my ever so humble opinion image

Cheers,

Bob
    BTW, Python...don't you hate it when someone discovers your error before you have a chance to correct it? image

Cheers,

Bob
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Added mint mark
  • Outhaul, I like it when someone finds it quickly and says something, that way I dont look an idiot too long...lolimage

The "D" is all wrong for starters. And without holding the coin in my hand, I would say that it two different coins, just from the way the wear is on both pictures..

jb, I am guessing that that is a cud in minting, I have seen that first hand before, but again, I would have to see the coin first hand to be for sure.

JMHO
    Dennis

My Dimes

• hookooekoohookooekoo Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    The "D" mint mark is pointed in the wrong direction.

One of the diagnostics to detecting a counterfit 16-D is that the "D" should be oriented about the same as the "E" in "DIME".
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>we are going to dispense with verbose descriptions >>

And then it goes on and on and on, for paragraphs. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Look see

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file