Home U.S. Coin Forum

When will you have enough coins?

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• ARCOARCO Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a collector on the west coast who has put together over 40 sets of Barber halves, and that was before he bought another $100K worth of Barbers from a recently deceased Life long Barber collector.

It is never enough! There is no end!

Maybe when laid end to end your coins can theoretically reach the moon! image

Tyler
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I die.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK.......this may explain my problems locating better date Barbers.....damn him!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146

When I can fill a typical-sized master bedroom with so many coins you could not even get in the door.

No Really its not the size of the collection, its the what you do with it is the key.

,,,lol key, no pun intended.
  • LokiLoki Posts: 897 ✭✭
    When I become Anaconda's only source for decent material! image

Unfortunately, I am still in the process of trying to come up with enough spendable cash to help deplete his current inventory. image
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    When I no longer have enough space in my secure, undisclosed (off-site) location.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    never

it is a sickness and replacement for other things missing in ones life

not a good replacement but for the person it is his or her own choice

as that is what life is mainly about choices

i hope you make all the right ones

sincerely michael
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    When Brand's collection looks small by comparison.
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my wife actually send me official legal documents telling me she has had enough walking around the Coin World's, greysheets and empty boxes of the various coins that are safely stored in offsite sdafe deposit boxes.

In fact, I do own the world's largest Delaware Quarter (made out of cardboard) and used at the various Wal Mart stores when the first Quarters came out in 1999. My wife hates it.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When will you have enough coins? >>

never!!! not even when i die! bring coins to my funeral service!!!

K S
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    I already have enough coins.........Wait! Another one just came up for auction........And another one, and so on, and so on.............image
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    I thought I had reached that point.
    Told my wife to not let me buy any coins at the upcoming show.
    Course, I told her that at the last show to no avail.
    Will probably repeat the same events.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Andy, when I die I'll have enough!
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Posts: 2,697
    When there are no more coins to collect....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Kinda reminds me of that scene in Wall Street where Charlie Sheen confronts Gecko and asks " How much
    is enough? "

Anyway, back in 1972, my collection consisted of some 1940's and 50's wheaties, a few 40's and 50's nickels, a few foreign coins, a couple of common date Indian Cents, a 1942 Mercury Dime and a 1916d Barber Quarter. And I told myself " When I have a Buffalo Nickel, my collection will be complete!"
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    And you have been carefully staying away from buffalo nickels ever since.
  • Never. The point of the hobby is to keep going and going.

Numonebuyer
  • But I still can't find a Buffalo Nickel!
    there can never be enough coins! gimme gimme gimme !!!

K S
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Just one more. Then I PROMISE you I'll have enough.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭
    Never!

Virgil Brand
    Collecting since 1976.
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Now I am trying to get rid of the quantity and focus on the quality. As far as ever having enough quality coins, never.
  • When I have one of every dime in mint state.....and then only maybe ...lol
  • When I have more than the mint has madeimage

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    When I have enough high quality coins that everyone acknoledges it as "The Levin Collection"

Guess I'm at least 1 % there !!!

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Enough coins? Never. I don't think I can go more than a week without purchasing a coin. Probably couldn't go more than a day without thinking of purchasing one and I probably couldn't go more than a few seconds without thinking of coins in some way or another. And they said guys only think about....
    more coins!!!

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file