Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Spreadsheets - Updated

As many of you know, I have been creating spreadsheets to manage registry sets. Since my last post on this topic I have updated and added a few sets. I thought I'd start a new thread because the other one was getting too long. Here's a link to the previous thread if anyone is interested.

I have since added the following sets:

Roberto Clemente Basic & Master (PSA is systematically breaking any remaining "Player Sets" into "Basic" and "Master" sets)

Willie Mays Basic & Master

Gary Carter Player Set (look for an update when PSA splits this into Basic & Master)

1970 Kellogg's Baseball

1971 Kellogg's Baseball (We need to discuss this one - I'll start another thread tonight)

1970 Kellogg's Football

1971 Kellogg's Football

The following sets have been updated to include additional cards:

Nolan Ryan Master Set

Mike Schmidt Master Set

Jim Palmer Master Set

Rod Carew Master Set

Rod Carew Basic Set (look for another update to this set in the next few days - I requested an update on this set this evening and Gayle had one card added within 30 minutes of my email) image

Here is a direct link to the Set Registry Spreadsheets.

If anyone has a set that is not listed (sport/nonsport - anything that PSA grades) or if you know of an update that I have not incorporated, please email me at jeb@virtualizard.com.

Good luck with your sets.

JEB.

Comments

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭

<< <i>Rod Carew Basic Set (look for another update to this set in the next few days - I requested an update on this set this evening and Gayle had one card added within 30 minutes of my email) image >>

Forget the next few days... it was done in literally minutes!

Here's another update:

Within another hour, Gayle emailed me with the update of two more cards. The Carew Basic Set has been updated for the 2nd time tonight.

Thanks Gayle. You're the best. image

JEB.
  • Options
    Today I added the following sets:

1969 Topps Football

1969 Topps 4 in 1 Football

I also made some calculation changes to the 1952 Topps Baseball set to correspond with the more recent sets I've done.

Set Registry Spreadsheets

Good luck to everyone in your set collecting!

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb

Did you submit the weighted weight for 1958 FB? If you did you drop the ball on this one. There are so many cards graded weight makes no sense.

Also look at my 57 FB current #1, My GPA makes no sense, 7.93. Only 4 cards grade 7, the rest are 8-9's.

Can you explain why Charley Conerly always gets high weighted #'s? He's not HOF. Yet he's treated as if he is.

Paul

paulorruth@msn.com
    ----------------------------------

Buying 56, 57, 58 and 62 PSA 7-9
  • Options
    72leadfoot,

I couldn't even tell you what a '57 or '58 Topps football card looks like let alone offer suggestions on weighting for the set. I'm doing these spreadsheets to help fellow members here keep track of their collections and to see what effect adding or upgrading cards will have on their rank, % complete, set rating, & GPA.

I will add the two sets you mentioned. Which set is yours? I assume you are "Tagatz's 1957 & 1958" since that is the only '57 set with a GPA of 7.93.

Let me know and I will check the calculations based on your specific cards.

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb

Yes all my set names start with Tagatz's. My 57 has the sherman error listed, It's one of the tuffest cards in the hobby to find. I think PSA should add it to the set. All they do right now is list if you put the error in or the corrected one.
    Is there away of changing some of these weighted #'s?

Paul
  • Options
    Paul,

I've added the '57 & '58 Topps Football sets to my site:

I did use your sets to check both and the calculations are correct. With the '57 set, you need to remember that you have a PSA 8OC checklist that has a weight of "10". For calculations, PSA counts this as a 6. You have 5 PSA 9s with a weight of "1" and 2 PSA 9s with a weight of "1.3". You also have 4 PSA 7s with a weight of "1.3". Basically, the 8OC checklist and the 4 PSA 7s weighted "1.3" more than offset the value of the PSA 9s in your set, thus dropping your GPA to below 8.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just stating the facts. If you have a problem with the weighting of particular cards in a set, please email Joe Orlando at joe@collectors.com.

Good luck with your sets. You have done a great job on completing some tough sets.

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb
    Thanks for all your help. Don't worry I'm not going to shoot the messengerimage. I don't know how you feel about this topic but I don't agree with the 2 point hit, I think it's a bit harsh. The 57 checklist is one of the tuffest cards in the hobby. There are only 4- 8's with none higher and mine is the only one that's OC. The centering on this card isn't that bad 70-30 (I can send you a scan). I need to find somebody who has a little pull with PSA to help get the oc removed. I guess I'll have to remove my checklist if I want my gpa to move upimage I've added 5 9's in the last 2 months to see my gpa go up 2 points, Kinda makes a guy sick, if you know what i mean.

I will contact Joe and bounce a few idea's of him.

Again Keep up all the work your doing to help all of us little guys out.

Paul

paulorruth@msn.com
  • Options
    Jeb
    I went to your site and it said I was forbidden. Need help getting in.

Paul
  • Options

<< <i>.....I've added 5 9's in the last 2 months to see my gpa go up 2 points, Kinda makes a guy sick, if you know what i mean. >>

You should try a set with 720 cards like the 1970 Topps Baseball set I'm trying to finish. I have updated 8s to 9s for the past few months and my GPA has risen less than 1 point.

Like it or not, qualifiers are a 2 point drop from the same unqualified grade. I agree that it is too harsh - in most cases I'd rather have the 8OC than an unqualified 6. But as long as we want to continue to play the registry game, we have to play by PSA's rules.

As far is getting to my site, I don't know what the problem was. I just got to it fine.

Click on this link

JEB.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Jeb,

Could you add a 1972 Topps Football Set to your list?

Thanks,

Carlos
  • Options
    Carlos,

No problem. The 1972 Topps Football set has been added.

JEB.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    WOW Jeb THAT WAS FAST!!!

Carlos

Thank You
  • Options

<< <i>WOW Jeb THAT WAS FAST!!! >>

Slow day at work. image

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb
    This is what your site says when I click on 57 FB

Forbidden

remote host 67.2.183.184
    you do not have permission to access http://virtualizard.su.com/1957 topps football psa blank.x15

Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Do you know what's going on?

Paul
  • Options

<< <i>Jeb
    This is what your site says when I click on 57 FB

Forbidden

remote host 67.2.183.184
    you do not have permission to access http://virtualizard.su.com/1957 topps football psa blank.x15

Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Do you know what's going on?

Paul >>

Paul,

I don't know what the problem is. I am not having any problem accessing the files from 2 different computers on different internet connections. Can someone else help?

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb

If you get a chance would you mind doing 59T baseball? I have been modifying your sheets to add SMR and POP data (as well as a little conditional formatting). I hope you don't mind but using your sheet makes for a killer inventory system.

Sandy
    Buying 1964 PSA 9 Baseball
  • Options
    Jeb
    Could you email me the spreadsheets?

My email address is paulorruth@msn.com

Thanks.

Paul
  • Options
    I just emailed them to you Paul.

JEB.
  • Options
    Sandy,

'59 Topps Baseball has been added.

JEB.

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    JEB

You are awesome. Could you add 1963 Fleer baseball to the list?

Thanks
    Rob

edited due to brain cramp
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Jeb,I never did thank you for the added fun you've provided to the registry with this program.

A big thanks to you.

The girls and Beer are on me!image
  • Options
    Rob,

Thanks.

Have you had any luck with Excel yet? Last time we talked, you were going to get it installed that week.

JEB.
  • Options
    Jeb

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Sandy
    Buying 1964 PSA 9 Baseball
  • Options
    Jeb,I have it and it's great!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Rob (RobE),

That's good to hear. Always glad to help. Let me know what you need from the '80 set. I'm getting ready to send in a bulk submission and I have tons of '80s. I'll check them to see what I have for you.

Rob (coachh),

The 1963 Fleer Baseball set has been added. You have a nice set. I used yours to check my calculations - click the link - I made yours the #1 set image (see the other thread here on making your set #1). Good luck with completing it.

By the way, while doing this set, I found an error. I emailed Gayle and she had it corrected within 30 minutes. The error was the divisor. It was listed at 134.5 and the correct value is 137.5. It has since been updated it. What great customer service.

Thanks Gayle. image

Brent,

I have also added the 1935 National Chicle Football set and 1986-87 Fleer Basketball set at your request.

Good luck to everyone.

JEB.
  • Options
    JEB - PM sent as well as a TTT to an old post on the Vintage forum.

Thanks!

Rob
  • Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    JEB

Thanks, you are the greatest. My set is not wonderful, but I thought it would be a nice one to work on.

Rob H
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    These things are a big help. Thanks JEB!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me. I need to update quite a few with the recent addition of master and basic sets and the ever changing master player sets.

If anyone sees one that is not current, let me know.

JEB.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    JEB,

I humbly request the 55 Bowman Football set.
    I can email you spreadsheet named and numbered.
    Thanks,
    Randall

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Randall,

The '55 Bowman Football set has been added. I also updated the Willie Stargell Basic Set, if anyone's interested.

Again, please let me know if there are any sets that I have missed an update on and I'll add them immediately.

Thanks.

JEB.
  • Options
    Randall,

I forgot to mention, look for an update on the Carew Master set soon (I have some inside information). image

JEB.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Sorry to be naive guys, but I can't open the files since I don't have Excel. Are there any other alternatives?image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Frank,

Email me.

JEB.