Home U.S. Coin Forum

What do you get if PCGS does not hit their 15 day guarantee?

I'm currently sitting at about 20 business days?

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    You get annoyed.

Actually, you get free gradings. One for each on the submission. Assuming, of course, you're not talking about a collector club submission.

Russ, NCNE
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    you get the satisfaction of knowing you've been inducted into the P.T Barnum group of elite image

unfortunately I do not know, but J id call and ask. When my problem arised, thats what all suggested nicely an not so..well you know image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • I supose I have to call them or something. But I could always use free submissions.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I didn't call. The credit memo just showed up without them even being asked.

Russ, NCNE
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭
    I just sent an email to info@pcgs asking that very same question. One of mine just took 16 days, paid for 15. I'll post a reply here when/if I get one.

Another one sent in the same day still doesn't have results posted. I ended up sending in a total of six coins, and all it will really cost me is postage both ways. That's almost as good a deal as the four free when you buy the $25 auction catalog!

Just asked the same question on the Q&A forum.
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I called and got free submissions. Don't trust that they will do the right thing even though they very will may. It won't hurt to call and let them know. I got 43 credits, the credits are at the same service level but there is no guarantee associated with them.

• Mine was 17 days (business). I got nothing. image
  • FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    What do you get if PCGS does not hit their 15 day guarantee?

The run-around! imageimage

Ah, the smell of coffee.....

~Michael
    I called today - comps are on the way. I specifically asked and you do NOT get them automatically. But I did call, and it was no hassle at all.
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    Recently you have to suck it up and break out the hankies. They change the deadlines according to coin shows, so now you have to watch the monthly big show dates and start subtracting a week for that!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    a free body bag?

K S
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I have an order that is at 15 days today, and it has not even been graded! There is no way PCGS will cough up free gradings to me, that sucker will be done at 5:28PM tonight!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file