Home U.S. Coin Forum

Mint sealed proof set?

How would you interpret "mint sealed proof set" in an auction. I bought a 1960 proof set described this way and expected an unopened envelope, but when I received it the envelope was open.

Comments

• I would assume the same as you.
  • Well I wouldn't get too upset. They sell those envelopes these days for $.34 cents, so you can reseal the proof sets anyway.

I have a search on eBay for the term "unopened", which usually means unopened envelopes.

At least you didn't get the coins removed and placed in a plastic Capitol (?) holder...

So the term "mint sealed proof set" means "removed from envelope but not put into a different holder".

Maurice
    Lurking with intent to loom
  • Maybe the seller meant the stuff in the envelope was still mint sealed...I would say that seller did you wrong. When I see mint sealed, I expect a selaed envelope or box...
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Live and learn I guess. It's not like it was much money, but I was looking forward to opening it and hoping for cameos. I e-mailed the seller to see what he says.

• Just got an e-mail from the seller and he says he made a mistake and will make it right...All's well that ends wellimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file