Home U.S. Coin Forum

A 1948 Franklin

OK, how about some opinions on grade on this coin.....Ken...
...image...
...image

Comments

• MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    What are all the streaks in the obverse?
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • What are all the streaks in the obverse? ...I don't know. They show up in every pic I take, but you can't see them if you view the coin with 7X magnification....Ken
  • RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    They look like mint set toning. It has a few hits at the eyebrow/cheek and hairline, and I really can't tell if the FBLs are there from the pic.
  • ClausUrchClausUrch Posts: 1,278
    64FBL ; if not cleaned. If cleaned, bodybagged.
  • DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Ken- You sure that obverse hasn't been cleaned? Don't take this badly. I'm just asking. But, it sure looks that way from here. A very nice strike, as to be expected for the date.

• DCAMFranklin, I do think you are right. All of the pics were taken with reveal lights, as well as the same lighting being used when I examined the coin. Upon further examination under incadescent lighting and some slight rotating I see many lines that look like the coin has been whizzed......Ken
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you took a brillo pad to that sucker!!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• I don't think whizzed, but wiped with something....

<< <i>64FBL ; if not cleaned. If cleaned, bodybagged. >>

What is that Claus?? Some feeble attempt to save face? I ask Ken if the obverse has been cleaned, he comes back and confirms seeing the hairlines and you EDIT to add, "; if not cleaned. If cleaned, bodybagged." C'mon!

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Hey, DCAMFranklin, that's not your usual smily at the end of your post.

image <------ Isn't he cute?

Russ, NCNE
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Bodybag.imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • If it doesnt get bodybagged, it is one of the toughest coins to decide between AU-58 and MS-62A
    Retail coin dealers, the only people who can buy a $10 coin for $2, and sell it for $30.

<< <i>Hey, DCAMFranklin, that's not your usual smily at the end of your post.

Russ, NCNE >>

Gee SlabCaddy, had I realized how much my smily bothered you all this time, I would certainly have discontinued it's use. I should make sure to discontinue to utilize it's use. Naw! I don't think so. Not in this lifetime.

<< <i>Gee SlabCaddy, had I realized how much my smily bothered you all this time >>

Actually, DCAMFranklin, I like your little smily. It's a constant reminder of what a loser you are.

image <-------- Isn't he a cute little troll?

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>

<< <i>Gee SlabCaddy, had I realized how much my smily bothered you all this time >>

Actually, DCAMFranklin, I like your little smily. It's a constant reminder of what a loser you are.

image <-------- Isn't he a cute little troll?

Russ, NCNE >>

Hey SlabCabby, you just can't stand that smily, can you? You just aren't big enough to look beyond it, are you?? How terrible it must be to be incapable of showing enough maturity to look beyond such a miniscule element of a message???? Even worse, all the Members here see your lack of character and maturity.

Can you PLEASE come up with something new, DCAMFranklin? You're boring me to tears by continually repeating yourself. It's just no fun engaging in a battle of the wits with one possessed of such a limited arsenal.

image <--------- Hey, what's that? A doophus!

Russ, NCNE
    Ya, but everybody is WATCHING! Tomorrow they will come up as ttt, and then ttt, and then ttt and then ttt.

<< <i>Ya, but everybody is WATCHING! >>

Yep, DCAMFranklin, they are. And, they're PMing me telling how guilty I should feel for going after a pea shooter with a howitzer.

image < ---------- Such a bright little target, isn't it?

Anyway, you'll have to play with yourself, (word is you have plenty of experience), for the rest of the night. You've cured my insomnia with your repetitious inane banter, so it's time to head home.

Have a nice night, and try not to die.

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>Have a nice night, and try not to die. >>

I'm sure they are PM'ing you. I'm also sure they are quite proud(?) of you for these kind of statements.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file