Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Where do you think the reserve is set?

Noticed this auction for an entire 1956 Topps PSA 8+ set. Currently tied for second finest. Quite an accomplishment. The seller has 87K invested, the SMR is 37K plus the cost of the 9's and 10's. There are some stars in 9, Yogi, Feller, etc....

1956 Set

My question is, where do you think the reserve is set? And if this set was listed without a reserve, what do you think the final price will be? And many have stated here before that it is better to break the set apart and sell it individually, to get the most profit. Do you think if this goes to the auction house(as stated) it will be broken up or sold as a unit?

It's a given I won't be the winner, but I would love to win the powerball and take it off his hands! Congrats on a beautiful set.
Looking for:
1953 Topps in PSA 8
1941 Playball in PSA 8.
1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
1950 Bowman in PSA 8

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the third time he's attempted to sell it. But I don't recall what the highest previous bid was. I think it's probably around $70k
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

This is the 3rd listing for this set and the price only hit around 55K last time.My best guess would be 65K on the reserve.The guy that is selling this set is a real nice guy and he can't really make up his mind whether he really wants to sell or not.imageHe just recently won two PSA 9's on E-Bay,so he is still actively upgrading his set.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    When I see the Pirates Team card from 1956 selling for over $2,500 on ebay, I think that there might be a pretty decent chance to do okay on the break-up of a set like this. Haven't crunched the numbers overall, though.

I think $65k might be the reserve -- if it was anywhere near what I bid on the lot, I would be a happy man!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    I couldn't even read the whole description becuase he had caps lock on. Why do PEOPLE POST THINGS THET WRITE IN ALL CAPS?!? It is very distracting!image