Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Look at all those ungraded mint Crackerjacks!!

On ebay right now! seller is scleocatra@aol.com (I would give a link, but I screwed that up last time).
Uhhhh......aren't these all reprints?
Yes, they are. He has alot of feedback, and alot of bids on these cards! Practically all the HOF'ers are there!
It's impossible to warn each bidder, is this something that would warrant an ebay contact?

Comments

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Here's a link.

JEB.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Perhaps he found one of the rare Cracker Jack vending runs.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    It looks like this clown soaked them in tea for that "authentic aged look".
    Does PRO slab these? Horrible Hagar probably would.
  • Options
    I just read his auction description:
    this guy is hilarious
    As I sought information from various sellers of like cards on EBay, their reply as to how one is to obtain the designation of ability to grade these and the replies were all very similiar: knowledge and experiance. So the credentials of many of the sellers to say these are graded is as simple as a plastic slip sleeve and a paper tag that they enclose these in, no license required. I am definately not an expert, but will add that I have not retouched the photos I have included and placed each card under a jewelers loop to look for flaws if any, no matter how slight the flaws may be.The cards may appear brighter than they really are as these photos were taken under scanner so that flaws if any, would show. Many of the cards are in the highest grade mint condition,none had been played with and have been carefully stored.No matrix of computor generated dots such as new cards would have, these have not bright white boarders or collars on the uniforms the color is an off dark ivory color and the paper texture is a bit rough not silky smooth.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Careful Dave, you might get banned from this guys auctions as well!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    scotty,
    I found the mantle dan dee you need for your set.
    here's another beauty
  • Options
    I usually find the soaking in tea, then carry the card around in your back pocket method works best for that true vintage look and feel.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I was looking through the sellers impressive lot of MINT Crackerjacks, and I noticed some very unusual centering and miscuts on some of the cards. So I grab my 1915 reprint set (as close as I will ever come to a genuine set) and lo & behold the off cuts match up. What are the odds of that? Check out this Max Carey example...jay

Sellers eBay CAREY auction w/ severe card toning

My super white (non toned) CAREY reprint
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Jay - once again a bunch of non-conclusive, heresay, mumbo-jumbo from you.
    You and your ilk are the type that tried to railroad O.J.

Whatever became of objectiveness ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    WOLFBEAR - I'm so ashamed!....Now, if I only had a tea bag......jay
  • Options
    OJ has a Cracker Jack card?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

If it's not a reprint ...
    then you must call it mint.

If he used a tea bag ...
    ??????????? something seahag.

Sorry, not as good at rhyming as Johnny Cochran.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    If he soaked it in tea,
    From the card you must flee!
  • Options
    ....if he used a tea bag for artificial abuse...
    ....a private auction the seller will use.....

....if the back pocket method was tried for wear...
    ....all the reprint's sets centering, would easily compare.

that was awful.
    Why am I not on the golf course? It's 75 deg, breezy, and I'm in my opium den equivelent making up poems.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, as the bidding closes on these tonight, he has approximately $6,000 worth of bids on these fake cards.
    I just emailed him congratulating him on such a high profit turnover after buying them from Fitch for what, $25.00?
  • Options
    IC - Seller Bought the set from Fritsch for $25.00? - You got it all wrong, this was left from the estate of his late uncle who had purchased it from Fritsch for $25.00 image ...jay

On a serious note, I was checking some feedback from some of the winners, many have loads of Feedback and should no better about these types of auctions. But deep down they are willing to believe its all legit if there $200 winning bid on a Hall Of Famer raw card can translate into a PSA holder, cause even a Bresnahan or a Bender in a NM PSA-7 holder smrs for $500+.
    But when the $200 card will not be graded by anyone but PRO, they will scream bloody murder!
  • Options
    Caveat emptor. (Shakes head in wonder at bidders . . . )
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Vargha -

OJ might not actually have a Cracker Jack card, but there could definitely be OJ in that set - though if they used OJ instead of tea, wouldn't that give the cards more of a citric orange cast?