Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Topps Submission Question

I have posted on this set before and I am building it in my spare time. My question is this. I have about thirty ungraded cards (Hi Numbers all over 600) that I am considering sending in. They all are in the high PSA 7, or PSA 8 range. My question is this. Would you send them in if you thought they would come back a PSA 7. Especially if you knew some would receive a PSA 7.

Please let me know you thoughts,

Thanks again,

Glen

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most of them, no. Unlike most other sets, the 1969 hi numbers do not carry a premium. In fact, they are quite plentiful in high grade due to a lot of vending quality raw cards out there. There are a few cards like #620 Dean Chance, #663 Dick Raditz and Phil Gagliano (I don't recall the # off hand) that have low pops but most 7's can be had for a few bucks. I recommend checking the pop report to see which ones are scarce. Many have very high populations in 8 or 9 and you'd be better off waiting for those cards to hit eBay where you can pick the card up in PSA 8 for about the same cost as grading.
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Gemint is right the highs are plentiful. The Gagliano is 609 and another tough card up there is the 626 Michael and the 655 Hershberger. Other than that I cant think of anymore. All the cards listed 609,620,626,655,663 I had as sevens in my set at one time and was OK with them as 7's. I believe the Chance 620 is the hardest.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Right on.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!