Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

This means War!

Did anyone catch the following verbage out of a recent e-bay auction for a 1971 Kellogg's set?

Have you ever wanted to jump right to the top of the PSA Set Registry from out of the blue? Well, this set could do it for you. Of course I can’t guarantee any grades, but this lot is 100% crack-free and 100% sharp sharp sharp.

Do you think the seller at least looked at the Registry before he made the claim? Should I circle the wagons to protect my number one ranking?Here's the entire e-bay listing
Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.

Comments

• Options
    Based on the scans, I dont think you have anything to worry about image. If the buyer bought the set based on that claim, HE will be the disappointed party here.
  • Options
    If you really wanted to protect that #1 ranking, maybe you should have bought the set.image
    John Vineyard

• Options
    I'm by no means a K-Expert, but doesn't that final price seem quite a bit high?

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    It's always hard to tell exactly from the scans, but Galveston I think your rating is secure - as is mine since I own the #2 set on the 1971 K Registry.

As for the cost of the set, that's not too bad a price if it is a really nice set with no cracks, dents, etc... Nice 1971 K commons with grading potential go for between $8 and $11 a pop, and when you throw in the large number of stars, $14 per card might be a little on the high end but not outrageously so.
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Hey Mick....

I looked at that set when it came out on eBay and thought maybe a few cards would make a decent grade.... According to most eBay sellers, all their cards are perfect and problem free. ...All of us of this board simply knows that isn't the case, most of the time...... I think the price realized was in the "fair" catagory. .....The buyer got a decent, hard to complete, set for about what Beckett quotes (NRMT, $1200.00, Annual #24)

I think your position, and Steve's position for that matter, will hold against this most current onslought of "perfect" cards offered on eBay.

However.........

There just might be a large group of '71's sitting out there, say..., in somebodys 2nd floor back closet, poised and ready to give the top spots a run for their money.......

You never can tell with this Registry thing.........

All for the love of cards!!!!!

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Gee, wonder where that second floor back closet is located................?
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Mick, the winner did you a favor by beating you out for this set.
  • Options
    A big favor IMHO
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    crazysccrazysc Posts: 291

<< <i>Gee, wonder where that second floor back closet is located................? >>

I've got a couple second floor back closets! Should take a look sometime...
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • Options

<< <i>I've got a couple second floor back closets! Should take a look sometime... >>

You know, maybe I am not alone or maybe I am, but I want to see a picture of that crazy safe you have mentioned. How many K cards would you guess you could fit in it?? image
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    You're not alone Kurt, let's see the safe!
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Yeah...Let's forget all about that closet thing...uhhh...errr........Yeah..Let's see that safe!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!