Home U.S. Coin Forum

Question about $300 Max. Value onEconomy Submissions

moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
I am getting ready to send several coins for Crossover to PCGS on the Economy service level. I had not noticed the $300 maximum value requirement before. I have 15 coins to submit with probably 5 that are between $325 to $400 in value. Will PCGS accept these in Economy service if I just list their value as $300 or do I need a separate envoice for those coins and submit them as 15 day regular service. I am basically cheap image and don't want to pay $30 a coin plus the extra for insurance on another invoice if I don't have to when the coins are close to the maximum value. Has anyone on the forum submitted coins valued over $300 on the Economy service?

Thanks,
Charlie

Comments

• I've done it before and it has slipped by without a problem.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Since FMV can be somewhat subjective, if the coins are fairly close, it won't be a problem. Just don't try sending say, a high relief Saint. They might catch that.

Russ, NCNE
  • They dont care if your $3000 coin is under economy, theyre covered if you value it at $300! Ive forgotten about the $300 max before, they asked if I want to change it to $300.
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    I would imagine that they don't really care how much the coin is really worth, but if anything happens to that coin in the process - you've recorded a value of $300.

kind of like street-stock racing. there are no engine restrictions whatsoever, but if you are officially offered $1,000 for your engine and you don't accept it you're disqualified.

it's a nice, natural economic method of keeping you honest.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of one single coin out of a submission being lost or damagaged while at PCGS? If the coins were lost by the Post Office could you recover more money than was listed on the PCGS form if you insured the coins for more than listed on the PCGS form?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file