Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Ron Hobbs Congrats on the 69 Set

I just saw on another thread that Ron has completed hs 69 set finaaly getting the 512 Cleon Jones he needed. Congrats on the finish of this set Ron in the basic catagory. Also I believe you now need only one card to finish the master set and while some on this board may not think this is a tough set to finish the master set is quite a accomplishment with the tough whites leading the way.

Anyway great job Ron and good luck with the upgrading if you choose to do so. As it sits it is already a great set.

Daveimage
Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com

Comments

• Options
    Ron,

Great Job on the 69 set!!!image

69 Sets

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options

And Dave Jacobs (Stump?) right on your tail.

OK, Ron, 'fess up. Whaddit cost ya?
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Nice going Ron!

So, how many complete graded sets is that now??????imageimage
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Congrats to a great guy! Way to go, Ron.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Ron. You definitely have the #1 finest 1969 set of all time. Are you going to try to keep up with stump?
  • Options
    I HAVE PUT IN A LOAN APPLICATION TO STUMP. IF HIS INTEREST RATE IS AFFORDABLE, AND HE LENDS ME SOME MONEY, THEN I CAN BID AGAINST HIM. THE CLEON JONES PSA8 COST ME A LITTLE OVER SMR OF $18; NAMELY $242. I AM TRYING TO NEGOTIATE A PAYMENT SCHEDULE OF $5/WEEK. MR. STUMP IS ONLY 2 CARDS AWAY FROM TAKING OVER #1. RECORDS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN!!! RON HOBBS
    TWINRON
  • Options
    By the way, congrats on winning the Dalrymple Phillies PSA 9. That shows you are willing to break out the can of whoop a$$ when you really want a card. image
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    I remember the Clay 9 all too much. I got beat into the ground on that card.

Dave
  • Options
    Ron - Very impressive. I hope to join you sometime in the not too distant millenium. I was fortunate enough a couple of years ago to pick up a Dalrymple Catching variation raw that graded out a PSA 8. Fighting for a nice 8 or better in your case, can be a real challenge at auction. Congratulations.
    It is always nice to see so much talk crop up about our beloved 69's.
    Hope to see you all at the Nationals!
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    TO ALL-- THANKS FOR THE NICE COMMENTS MY SON AND I WILL BE SETTING UP AT NATIONALS AT BOOTH #1044 FOR OUR ANNUAL BONDING TRIP. I WILL BE BRINGING ABOUT 400 PSA5-PSA9 DUPLICATES OF 1969 TOPPS , SINCE I HAVE NEVER LEARNED TO SELL ON E-BAY. RON HOBBS
    TWINRON
  • Options
    Hi Ron, Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the National. If you have any of the PSA 8's or 9's I need and would be interested in selling them prior to the National, please email me at gemint@charter.net. Too bad I didn't know you had duplicates before I recently sold off most of my duplicates. I still have a few but probably not the ones you need.
  • Options
    image Congrats Ron; a status many of us 69'ers strive for. I am new to this forum, but have been battling you on many 69's over the last year. Great job, and have fun upgrading!
    Dave
    1973 Topps PSA 9's+(retired)
    1986 Topps PSA Perfect(active)
    1997 Flair Legacy's(active)
  • Options
    Hey; Welcome to the boards Dave!
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Dave

Welcome aboard we have butted heads many times in the last 6 months. Good luck with your set its a beauty!!

Dave(stump17)
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Ron,Dave, and Dave, Ray and John,
    I just got 4 more 1969 White's in 8. I submitted 10, got 4-8's and 6-7's. LMK if your interested.

Bob

• Options
    Wow Bob. Did you expect to get so many 7s? I've got that one in an 8. Did you get any other 69s back in 8 or better?
  • Options
    Bob

Just shot you an email.

Daveimage
  • Options
    Ron,

Congratulations on a fine set. Your collection is quite impressive. Its a pleasure watching it evolve. See you at the national! image

Sincerely,

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    They were a little rough on me. I thought I had 6-8's and 4-7's. Its the last of the raw white's I had stashed. I also had a bunch of 6's too. Its the end of the raw ones I collected over the years.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Ron Hobbs,

Congratulations! It seemed like you were one or two cards away for quite awhile and then you finally made it! This is no minor achievement! The '69 set is extremely difficult to complete. Again, congratulations!

Dan Markel