Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Incorrect POP Report

I FINALLY got a response from PSA on the incorrect White Letter Pop Report for 1969. The said unless they know the POP's are incorrect for most of the 1969 Whites but cant fix it unless they have all the serial numbers. So tell me what other serious mistakes dont we know about. This is just mind boggling.

Comments

• Options
    My question is How can that happen????

Hey Joe, We need a explanation.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the mechanical errors, it will be next to impossible to fix it. I just sold an Arcia PSA 8 a few weeks back that stated it was the WL variation but it wasn't (which I highlighted in the auction of course). I got tired of sending them (mechanical errors) back so now I just sell them with the incorrect label.
  • Options
    I know they have made mistakes with the pops on the 1957 set. I have a card in PSA 8 that the pop report says doesn't exist in psa 8.

Carlo
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are always fun. If you auction it off, you can headline your auction with "1957 PSA 8 one of zero!"
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I wonder how the populations are tabulated. Somewhere in their database there are apparently 2 columns, one for the numerical grade and one for the word. Maybe a third for the qualifier. I saw an ebay auction a few weeks ago for a card that was labeled "Mint 7". So does that mean it's a 7 or a 9? I can't recall the card (from the 70s, IIRC), and didn't save the link, but I was wondering at the time if it was sent in for correction, which grade it would get. But in any case, that's another thing that could throw pops off, even if it is extremely rare.

I've also got a card in my 75 set that's incorrect. I have a #120 Steve Busby graded a 7, but the label says card #12. When I registered it, I had to enter it in the slot for card #12, David Clyde. When I asked about getting it corrected, I was told I'd have to send the card in. That's too much trouble to do for it's own sake, and I don't know when I'll send in a shipment (getting close, maybe this summer or fall), but until then both the pop report and my set are incorrect.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I don't really look at the Pop reports too seriously at times. There are people who breakout cards all the time and resubmit them and these aren't pulled off the reports so who knows how many of these there are out there. Also, if someone crosses over a card from PSA to another service, will that service contact PSA and let them know that a particular card no longer resides in a PSA holder, I doubt it, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    BOB-- THE 69TOPPS POP WHITE / YELLOW LETTER ROWS SEEM TO BE REVERSED AT THE VERY LEAST FOR MOST OF THE 23 VARIATIONS. IT IS MOST OBVIOUS IN COMPARING THE LOWER GRADE POPS , CARDS WITH QUALS, OR THE FEW PSA9's AS WELL AS THE TOTAL SUBMITTALS FOR EACH CARD. I CURRENTLY HAVE 15 DUPLICATE WHITE LETTERS IN LOW GRADE, AND ALL THE SINGLES IN PSA5-PSA8. THIS IDENTIFIES SUCH INCONSISTANCIES AS MY #444 PSA8OC BEING 1 OF 0, WHEN THERE 4 "YELLOWS"; MY 447 PSA7 BEING 1 OF 0, WITH 1 OF 1 "YELLOW"; MY 461 PSA3 IS A 1 OF 1 IN THE WHITE ROW WITH 0 IN THE YELLOW ROW (POP PROBABLY OK BASED UPON THAT AND THE 8 TO 23 RATIO OF TOTAL SUMITTALS. IF THE TOP MAJOR SETTERS (BOB,RON SANDERS, DUDE, ETC) DID A SIMILAR ANALYSIS, WE COULD COME CLOSE TO MAKING THE WHITE/YELLOW POP MORE ACCURATE. FROM MY CARDS AND OBSERVING THE OBVIOUS, I PRELIMINARILY CONCLUDE THAT #440,#441,#444,#447, and #468 ARE REVERSED; #461,#464, #470, #471, #482, #485, #486,#500, #505, and #511 ARE OK, AND THE REST ARE QUESTIONABLE W/O MORE DATA. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???/ RON HOBBS------ BY THE WAY I HAVE JUST COMPLETED 100% GRADED BASIC SET 2 PSA6's , 36 PSA7's , THE REST PSA8's and PSA9's, PLUS 2 PSA10's... WHEW!
    TWINRON
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Ron,

Congratulations on completing the Basic set. What an incredible task. Someday I'll be there with you, but not any time soon (I'm on the verge of breaking into the top 20 though). I've got about 15 white letter variations to submit to PSA. We'll have to see what the Pop Report shows after that. This problem is not unique to the '69 set. The '71 Kellogg's Baseball set Pops are equally scrambled. I've been wanting to discuss that set for a while, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Again, congratulations. This is one of my favorite sets.

JEB.