Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Look at these Images - Same Coin??

Please look at the images in Ebay auction # 3026304727 - 1877CC $20. The coin didn't sell and has been relisted by the seller. Please look at the sellers new auction Ebay # 3030573889 . Please give me your opinion on whether its the same coin? Sorry, I don't know how to do links. Thanks, CCG

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be the same- the pics in the first auction are incredibly soft and compressed...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look the same to me at all.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I don't see the similarity from those pictures.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No its not the same coin, Look at the surface marks. Even in different lighting, you can tell the surface preservation is completely different,
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's the same coin but I wouldn't swear to it.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    May be the same coin. Certain diagnostics coincide while others appear not to but may be due to angle of camera and lighting. Very difficult to tell with the pix provided by seller. I do not see anything definitive either way.

What are you seeing?
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I've got 12 diagnostics that say it's a very strong possibility that it's the same coin.
    Keep in mind even the dealers say we can't judge a coin from a picture, heehe.
    The marks that look minor in one scan look major in the other while dark areas look lighter and vice versa.

Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Perhaps same die not same coin.
  • Options
    Don't look like the same coin to me -

Singapore
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I say they are different coins.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file