Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out this unbelievable gold dollar !!!!!

ms71ms71 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wow, can't believe something as fantastic as this turned up on ebay. And look at the great story behind its "find'.

Unbelievable!
Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where's the little triangle with the number inside image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    HMHMHMHM?????????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • Options
    So, I'm guessing that this isn't real...
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

> I AM SELLING IT WITH A FULL 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

What is the seller's guarantee? image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    toyonakatarotoyonakataro Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    I grade it MS71image
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RKK, what's the Judd number?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Geez, even as ignorant as I am I can see that one's a replica. This seller is right when he says he doesn't know anything about coins. Miss Liberty looks like she just swallowed a gallon of prune juice and is about to float an air biscuit the size of Cleveland.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Definately not real! Probably minted in the Middle East!! image
  • Options
    lol! and its not even a replica because from 1854 to 1889, the only U.S. official gold $1 coins were "Indian Head Type" which look drastically different from that.
    --==**Mike**==--
    -I Love all U.S. coin series'
    Especially Large Cents
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Isn't that a S on the reverse? minted in San Francisco?
  • Options
    Looks like scamcrook is the high bidder......do you think he/she will actually win this one?image
    Maurice
    Lurking with intent to loom
  • Options

<< <i>Geez, even as ignorant as I am I can see that one's a replica. This seller is right when he says he doesn't know anything about coins. Miss Liberty looks like she just swallowed a gallon of prune juice and is about to float an air biscuit the size of Cleveland.

Russ, NCNE >>

haha
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like scamcrook is the high bidder......do you think he/she will actually win this one?image >>

You wouldn't happen to know who scamcrook is by any chance? It isn't a vigilante board member who is determined to fight the evils of the replica ebay business, is it?
  • Options
    An interesting bid history. Scamcrook knocked off yawningman, who took over from lunker-head. Looks like good old scamcrook saved these guys from themselves.
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

• Options
    Between scamcrook and geraldo, they keep ebay safe for newbies.image
    Maurice
    Lurking with intent to loom
  • Options
    The scary part is that the #2 bidder, yawningman (a guy with feedback rating of 185 and 100% positive), bid $111 for this thing. I gotta get into this business........

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss Liberty looks like Beavis, of Beavis and Butthead fame!
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the deal. Does this coin match a pattern or something??? Or maybe some kind of fractional gold (which I know nothing about)?
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least the story is worth something. Ebay should give out creative writing awards for the best story to accompany a hyped coin. They could call it the "aswimmer a/k/a the grandfather's collecdtion award."
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like something a teenager made in a H.S. shop class image.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file