Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Crossover Results - GAI, SGC, ASA, BVG, SCD

I just got my submission results back today:
GAI
1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie GAI 8 to PSA 8
SGC
1969-70 Topps Nate Thurmond Rookie SGC 84 (7) to PSA 7
1957-58 Topps Tom Marshall SGC 86 (7.5) to PSA Min Grade not met - I requested a 7
BVG
1970-71 OPC Brad Park Rookie BVG 6.5 to PSA 7
ASA
1909-11 T206 Walter Johnson with hands at chest ASA 8 to PSA 6 (I requested that any grade would be acceptable)
1936 World Wide Gum Dizzy Dean ASA 8 to PSA 6 (I requested that any grade would be acceptable)
1948 Bowman #9 Andy Phillip ASA 7 to PSA 5 (I requested that any grade would be acceptable)
1948 Bowman #10 Bob Davies ASA 6 to PSA 5 (I requested that any grade would be acceptable)
SCD
1971-72 Topps Rick Barry Rookie SCD 7.5 to PSA 7

I was pretty happy with the results. The Marshall SGC 86 was well centered but had corner wear. I was really happy that all 4 ASA cards crossed over although with Johnson (bought from Greg Manning) and Dean (bought from Maple Leaf Collectibles) I thought they would given where I bought them.

Comments

• Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Interesting...thanks for posting...
  • Options
    z2345z2345 Posts: 92
    ASA crossing over to PSA, at any grade level, is a good result.
  • Options
    Did you crack these out or submit in holders?
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    All of the cards were submitted in their former holders.
  • Options
    Are you looking to get rid of the Thurmond? If so, what do you want for it? Thanks Greg
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    ASA crossing over to PSA, at any grade level, is a good result

I agree...I've sent in at least 20 ASA cards {mostly 8's and 9's} and every single one has come back trimmed or altered!image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Frank,
    Yeah, I know the feeling. The Johnson I have I bought raw from Greg Manning Sports and than sent it to ASA Canada. The Dean was raw and than graded by the dealer at a Canadian Show by Hager and ASA. The Phillip and Davies were both bought from a Hager auction so I was doubtful they would cross but I am really happy they did. I am almost done crossing my ASA cards over. All I have left are some Star Company cards that were graded by Hager at a Canadian Show. The other ASA cards I cracked out of the holders and most of them came back trimmed. I have taken quite a hit but lesson learned.

Greg,
    No on the Thurmond. It is part of my Hall of Fame and Top 50 NBA rookies set. I will have some PSA 8 OC's from 61-62 that I am putting on ebay soon. They should be unqualified 6's at least.
  • Options
    Alright aro13...I'll keep an eye out for the 61's. Good luck on the HOFer and Top 50 Rookies set. Greg