Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

SGC lost cards too - But Net54 silent!

Looks someone by the tag of Prewarsports.com lost 2 vintage cards submitted to SGC.
He received much the same treatment that Dan McKee states he is getting from PSA and
had the fact that SGC even admitted receiving the cards in question!

NOT A NEGATIVE WORD IS SPOKEN BY NET54 MEMBERS??? MW AND OTHERS SEEM TO HAVE NO INTEREST IN THAT ONE, HMMMM

Text:

I sent in 131 to get graded, and when they arrived at SGC they claimed to have only received 129. The cards they lost were a very rare Diaz cigarettes card and a NrMt/Mt E121 card. At first they were very nice and told me they would credit me for the insured value of each card, which was about $150. About 2 weeks went by and I got a phone call from the same person, I think his name was Shane, or Sean and he told me flat out that the deal he had mentioned to me before was OFF and that SGC's stance (according to a higher authority in the company) was that I was lying, and they never received the other 2 cards. They offered the generous sum of $20 credit (where they got that is anyone's guess). However, they never credited me and they even charged me to grade all 131 cards. I have never pressed the issue since I would never use a credit with SGC after this incident anyways.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    ranchranch Posts: 341
    Carew4me,

Read what runscott wrote:

<< <i>Any time there is a thread that involves a PSA-related problem, you always have people come in and say "yes, but SGC...", and then the standard comments inferring that this is a SGC board, which it isn't...and finally, the CU kids come over and throw in their two cents as well (this should be any day now). It was so bad for a while that many of us just refused to participate in any threads that said anything slightly bad about PSA, because we knew the formula. But we continued to participate in any threads involving SGC problems, because SGC has been much more open to constructive criticism and to improving their product and service. PSA, on the other hand (and some of their followers on this board) would prefer to just pretend that the problems don't exist, or to "counter-attack" with SGC problems, diverting attention. >>

And that is exactly what Prewarsports.com is doing. Does he have any proof to back up his statement? No, he doesn't. Any images of the lost cards? Nope! So why support him? Can't you tell this guy is full of crap?

First he writes:

<< <i>I sent in 131 to get graded, and when they arrived at SGC they claimed to have only received 129. The cards they lost were a very rare Diaz cigarettes card and a NrMt/Mt E121 card.

Michael Wentz: Can you post an image of the two lost cards?

Prewarsports.com: I will try to find them on disk somewhere, otherwise I may not have the images anymore. This took place last October. >>

Yeah, sure. He never did nothing about the whole situation, no images, no proof, NOTHING! Heck, if I lost two "rare" cards, I would sure hang on to the scans and complain about it all the time, not just when a problem with PSA occurs.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    So he made it all up just to bash SGC in a thread?

I think the guy is being honest and making the point that all grading companies are open to this,
    and it does in fact happen to ALL grading companies.

The Net54 folks are highly comforted by the fact that it happens to be PSA.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>So he made it all up just to bash SGC in a thread? >>

Why not? He has no proof, right? What if I just told you that someone at PSA ate my T206 Cobb? Would you believe me? Wouldn't you ask for proof?

<< <i>I think the guy is being honest and making the point that all grading companies are open to this,
    and it does in fact happen to ALL grading companies. >>

You think he's being honest? Sigh* Let me repeat myself for the tenth time, HE HAS NO PROOF! SO HOW CAN YOU TRUST HIM? True, ALL grading companies make mistakes, I'm not saying that SGC is perfect however I refuse to believe his story when he cannot support his own statements.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the person making the claim and are they well respected in the hobby? With all the scams pulled in our hobby, I wouldn't put much credence in a claim unless I know the integrity of the author. Maybe it is a well known collector. But, as Ranch stated, it could also be someone trying a 'tit for tat' stab at SGC. Plus, he stated it happened last October. Did he make any noise back then?
  • Options
    z2345z2345 Posts: 92
    This guy has about as much "proof" as the guy making the claims about PSA. Just because someone has scans or photographs of a card does not mean this card was actually place in a package. In fact, it means absolutely nothing.

If this guy has any correspondence from SGC admitting to the wrongdoing, I would have to say that his cliams are a hundred times more credible than some idiot who places two orders in one box and does not insure valuable packages. If he did not keep this correspondence, he is about as believeable as the other guy.

Let's face it....anyone can allege that a grading company lost their cards. Dan McKee has certainly shown that in the last five days.
  • Options
    Thank you very much, gemint.

Plus read what Marc S. wrote:

<< <i>The person(Prewarsports.com) was talking about two cards worth $150 that was lost a long time ago. Much different than a $6,000 card that was lost very recently. >>

See the difference, carew4me?

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's face it....anyone can allege that a grading company lost their cards. Dan McKee has certainly shown that in the last five days.

Exactly.

It can happen to ANY grading company. You can believe them both as easily as not.

Amount should play no part. A card may have great sentimental value and if its lost then the pain is just a great.

I objected to the fact that some felt it was a "PSA" problem and not a grading problem in general.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654

Makes no difference to me either way but I have dealt with him on many
    occasions and I'm pretty sure he is a straight shooter.

My beef is not about lost cards but damaged.image