Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out our site!

Comments

• Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Too much "fluff", imo. Shouldn't this be in the BST forum?
  • Options
    sorry Ed... we're new here just seeing how it all works...
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Flash sucks. About the third time I got the authentication message, I just closed the page and moved on.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I have ultra high speed internet, so I got all of the sound and animation (flash). Problem is that I don't want a Hollywood production when I am shopping for coins, I just want coins with nice images. I guess that's a mute point, since everything on this particular site ranges in price from $2,000 to $280,000..............way out of my league. That's understandable. Guess you would need to sell those kind of coins though, considering that you probably paid $10K for the fancy web site.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Dont think its working Mr. Albaneseimage--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The problem is that web designers are all trying to out-do each other in the contest to see who can build the "coolest" and "flashiest" site. That's all fine and dandy for those playing with a hobby site. For a business site where one wishes to sell effectively, the two most important issues are speed of loading and ease of use.

Only 20% of internet users are on broadband. That means that the other 80% of potential customers are sitting there forever waiting for all the foofoo crap to load up. Many of those will simply move on.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Coinace, I forgot to say "welcome to the forum".

Please post in some of the other threads so that we can benefit from your numismatic knowledge. You can add a link to your web site in your signature line. That way everyone will have an opportunity to visit your site each time you make a post. Please don't do like some of the other dealers who come here just to peddle their wares. We want information and, since you are a coin ace, we a certain that you have much knowledge to share.
  • Options
    Please post in some of the other threads so that we can benefit from your numismatic knowledge. You can add a link to your web site in your signature line. That way everyone will have an opportunity to visit your site each time you make a post. Please don't do like some of the other dealers who come here just to peddle their wares. We want information and, since you are a coin ace, we a certain that you have much knowledge to share.

Hi Ed, We actually designed our web site ourselfs in house. Being a family operation we keep costs down!! Thanks for info it is greatly appreciated. I have loved coins since I was a little boy many years ago and I'm very fortunate to being doing something I love and be able to have my sons work with me. It is a always a thrill for me to handle some of the coins we do just for the beauty and Numismatic history. If I can ever be of any assistance please feel free to ask.
    Very best Dave Albanese
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i actuallly like it!

K S
  • Options
    Very nice looking site, very classy! -cm
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    I think you do an excellent job on your coin pics Dave, very nice lifelike and accurate images IMO.

dragon
  • Options
    Dave, if you guys did that in house, then congratulations. That's impressive. By the way, don't take me too seriously. I am considered a real whackjob here on the forum.

Here's a question for you: do YOU think that the missing 1913 nickel will surface? Have you heard any rumors?
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    WHAT A COIN!!!!!

you take small children and pets on trade?
  • Options
    Dave, if you guys did that in house, then congratulations. That's impressive. By the way, don't take me too seriously. I am considered a real whackjob here on the forum.

Here's a question for you: do YOU think that the missing 1913 nickel will surface? Have you heard any rumors?

Hi Ed, Gino who does all our scan and has been working for us for years actually did they work on our web site we wanted to make it easy to move around and as for our scans he try very hard to get the coins to look as they should, he does all our designs pamphlets, business cards stationary etc.he's very talanted and were lucky to have him. He's like one of the family!! On the subject of the 1913 I don't really think that It will ever surface, but I could be wrong.
    Best Dave
  • Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking site and great pictures. The inventory layout works well. I tend to agree with the flash content. Those not on broadband will be waiting quite awhile for the site to load.
    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    I can't seem to get it to come up right now but I will try back later as it might be getting hit hard at the moment. image If that coin that Goose3 posted is an indication of the quality of the pictures, I will be window shopping. image
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    you take small children and pets on trade?

Only if they can pull their own weight. Seriously, that FE really is a monster its is one of the nicest Iv'e ever owned, with super eye appeal wonderful heavy frost and great mirrors. The bad thing about a scan you can't appreciate the mirrored fields.
    Dave Albanese
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!

I like the site...although the flash is a bit bandwidth intensive IMO. Other than that; nice layout, colors, pictures etc. I really like some of the buttons.

RELLA

Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    Just got in to see it and I like the design of it. I don't think it is overly fluffy, at all. I am on broadband, though, so everything downloads in a snap for me. The pictures of the coins are fabulous.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    Russ is a great guy but I think he was a little harsh about the site. It loaded for me very quickly and I have dialup and I'm working on my worst computer right now. There weren't any cheap install popups and everything went very smoothly. I've had some experience and taken some courses in web design, and your layout and design is fantastic. I understand what Russ was saying regarding the main purpose of a coin site being to simply sell coins, but I don't think the layout was overdone.

And also, Russ, anyone with the sort of money needed to buy most of those coins is probably looking for an elegant presentation and they may not simply be collecting for the pleasure of it.

Nice Job with the site
    --==**Mike**==--
    -I Love all U.S. coin series'
    Especially Large Cents
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good from here. Boy, there are some monsters there!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file