1 Russ POTD!

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    MS65, get an upgrade to 66.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    65?

I used to have a 1904-O in an MS65 PL green label holder, come to think of it. If yours is PL, I can't tell from the pic.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to call it an MS66 because it has tremendous eye appeal and a better strike than your typical New Orleans mint. Also because I have an 1883-o that looks just like it image and if other people think this one is a 66 then I need to send mine in.
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    I see the blow-up of the reeding in the field, but it doesn't look very deep. I'd say 65, but depending on which day it was submitted, it could have done better.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to be a 66. Great coin!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    The eye appeal is excellent on this coin - it's not PL though. Good luster, good strike. I don't consider upgrading coins very often but have been thinking about this one. The reedmark in front of her nose is very mild - invisible except at the right angle. The cheek is very clean except for the one nick. There is a mark at the base of her neck, but is mild and out the focal area.

I was wondering how seriously the reed mark would be considered.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    Well my jaw hit the ground image. Send it in!!!
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    I think it looks very out-of-place in that holder myself.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Looks like a good candidate for 65! image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    I think 65 is the correct grade - I don't think it's even a shot 66.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    I would not urge you to go through the trouble and expense of cracking that out for resubmission, but if you choose to, I think a 65 is probable.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    That's also my assessment MB, I don't think it's worth the trouble or expense.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    ms-65
  • Options
    I'm guessing 65 in the current holder, 66 in the future one.
    Singapore
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thing the coin is graded right MS64 and a long shot MS65 only on a good day with luck!!!!

It's trurly a PQ 64
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    SDCollectorSDCollector Posts: 886 ✭✭
    Question from a newbie: How much does the nick on Miss Liberty's face affect the grade? Isn't that a very grade sensitive area?
    Bill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file