Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Conditon Rarity 1945- P Merc

This is about as close as I'll ever get to a FSB 1945-P Merc, I searched for over a year before finally locating this one. image

I don't know what the percent of split is, but I mainly wanted one that showed some seperation of the center bands. The picture is not as clear as I hoped it would be but you can see the seperation.image
Proud to be an American.

Comments

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 1945!
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Sweet looking merc!
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Yes, its very well struck for a 45, with the bands being about 50% split. You did well. Its an attractive coin and I congradulate you.

Brian.
  • Options
    Buc

I have a 1945 Merc that was struck 10% off-center and 95% of the dealers that see it say it has FSB. The other 5% say it is split at least 98%. I have been trying to scan the coin but the scans will not give me the detail that is needed to see the bands. I need to get a camera attachment for my microscope to get the details of the coin. When I do I will post it.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buc

When did you find the 45P ? I still have the one we both bid on about 2 years ago. Since then I have only found one other one that had about 40 percent split. The second one I sold on Ebay about two weeks ago. Maybe it was a mistake to do that but money was being accumalated for another dime I wanted.

Congratulations on the find of the 45P. They are tough aren't they. image

Ken
  • Options
    Buc
    This is the coin in question but the scan is poor and does not show detail. It is the best that I can do at this time. The pictures are small but anything larger the less the detail.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=311257
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    The extreme highpoints along the fasces are particularly clean and free of contact.
    I like the coin alot.

Brian.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 45!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file