Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Stupidest of Stupid Questions

At the risk of sounding like a complete and total moron, I'm going to ask this question.

What is the face value of a roll of:
Nickels?
Dimes?
Quarters?[/]
Just My 2 Cents,
Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7

Comments

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    If you will tell me how many of each are in a roll I could answer your question.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    $2, $5, and $10!!!!
    That of course unless you bought it from any forum members, then you half to check for slugs!!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    Thanks. Now we'll just let this question fade to the bottom as if I never asked it.image
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now we'll just let this question fade to the bottom as if I never asked it. >>

Bump.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Hey, don't worry, stupider questions have been asked. I know because I asked most of them!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

<< <i>At the risk of sounding like a complete and total moron, I'm going to ask this question.

What is the face value of a roll of:
    Nickels?
    Dimes?
    Quarters?[/] >>

...........................two dollars........five dollars..........10 dollarsimage
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Which one is $2, $5, and $10? imageimage
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    The big ones are $5 quarter means 1/4 so that's $2 and the dimes are $10 cause dime mean 10.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Moron!..................LOL....image
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I reaaaaallllly appreciate all the help. You can all stop now.image
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

• Options
    I couldn`t resist! Hehehehe!image
  • Options
    I could swear that I used to have Half wrappers the said $20. on them...
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt image

What a fun thread! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    How could this possibly gotten to the top againimageimage

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options

<< <i>I could swear that I used to have Half wrappers the said $20. on them... >>

You probably did. They're double shotgun rolls.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Don't feel bad, I got some quarters and halves at a bank and the teller did not know either,

The writing on the side of the roll kept me from making her count them for me.
  • Options
    Anyone want to start the wager on how many days this thread can survive??
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I would have thought Ira and his toilet seat would still be around.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got better questions.......how many coins are in a roll of gold dollars, quarter eagles, and half eagles??
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    How many 2 cent pieces are in a dozen?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Tootawl,

That would be 13. And, BTW, I like donuts.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I came up with $17image
  • Options
    how many monkeys in a barrel? image
  • Options
    I have heard mention of rolls of obsolete denominations also. Can wrappers be found for these, and what were the face value of these rolls.

3¢ nickels must have used the same rolls as dimes and been worth $1.50. But what about the others.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    There are no stupid questions

...just stupid answersimage
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone want to start the wager on how many days this thread can survive?? >>

a really, really long time.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

What about Halves and Dollars?

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Halves come in rolls of $10, and silver dollars come in rolls of $20. Sacs come in rolls of $25. What is the face value of a roll of gold dollars?
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    $10 for halves. $20 for dollars other than SBAs and the new gold-colored ones whose name I can't spell; for the latter it is $25.

Here's a bonus. For bags, cents are $50, nickels are $200, and dimes quarters, halves and dollars are $1000.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    I have some $20.00 rolls of halves

They look like bank rolls ... have I been robbed?

image The rolls are for real .image
  • Options
    What's the face value of a roll of 2 cents, 3 cent silvers, 3 cent nickels and of $4 stellas?
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    MrPawn, I was doing the roll, and bag comments from memory, but I thought the halves were $10. I could be wrong. Someone please correct if necessary.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    Though I've never seen a 3¢ nickel roll, I suspect you could use a dime roll. In that case it would be $1.50.
  • Options
    I have been told there are something called shotgun rolls. These are double length rolls in each denomination.
  • Options
    fudude,

You are not wrong. All recent half dollar rolls that I have seen are $10.00.

The $20.00 half dollar rolls that I have are from 1976 image

• Options
    Pennys = 50 coins = 50 cents
    Nickels = 40 coins = $2.00
    Dimes = 50 coins = $5.00
    Quarters = 40 coins = $10.00
    Halves = 20 coins = $10.00
    Dollar Coinage ( except SBA`s and Sac`s ) = 20 coins = $20.00
    SBA`s and Sac`s = 25 coins = $25.00
  • Options
    Here's a bonus. For bags, cents are $50, nickels are $200, and dimes quarters, halves and dollars are $1000. >>

Just got a $250 face bag of quarters from the mint!
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i disagree!

here's 1 for ya: what's face value of a roll of 3-cent nickels? (yes, original rolls DO exist!)

K S

edit: dagnabbit! someone already posed the same question! but again, YES original rolls of 3-cent-nickels DO exist
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool, Karl. I've never seen such a thing.
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    bigindie, that was THE DUMBEST question that I have ever heard. Absolutely STUPID question.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    an original roll of 1866 three-cent nickels was broken up about 12 years ago. the owner kept 1 coin for himself, the rest have since been dispersed.

i have not heard of any original rolls of 2-cent coins still existing though. as for 20-cent coins?

K S
  • Options
    One step further now. Halves come in cases of $500 to the bank (I know since I get about 1 a month from my bank to search thru). What about other demoninations??
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    Our dollar coins (loonies) come in rolls of $25, which come in boxes of 40 rolls or $1000. See Linky
  • Options

<< <i>I have been told there are something called shotgun rolls. >>

Yeah, about 20 posts before yours in this thread.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Back in 1979 when the SBA's came out they could be found in three different roll sizes $20, $25, and $40 depending on the back you got them at.

I also have or have seen bank rolls of 25 cents, $1 nickels and $2.50 of dimes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file