Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

3 Pinnacle coins

shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
Thought these three 66's were nice looking coins for their price. As a cent guy it's very strange dealing with these big dollars. Almost the size of an entire Indian cent, that's a tough cheek to keep clean.

1925 PCGS MS66/1864 LM NGC MS66BN/1909 NGC MS66BN (edited to correct the 1864 grade)

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics - especially like the RB tones of the copper coins. Good looking cheek on the dollar - amazing how big and heavy they are afater years of cent collecting - it's really a shock!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    how about this ms68 Peace!

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    superb i like all three i know nothing about peace dollars

but

i like the two cent piece the best

sincerely michael also great thread paul i can see it is a great thread because there was little response from the boards and usually all the good coin threads never get reactions from, now i am sure some do but that is uncommon

now all the crappy threads get lots of hits............... and thrre are some grerat threads that get lots of hits but that is also uncommon such is the coin game

sincerely michael
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    As nice as that is for a Peace Dollar and it is attractive compared to most Peace Dollars, the copper coins are much more interesting.If I collected 2-centers that coin would interest me and the IHC is one I would own.
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    I think I have seen that 25p before.......imageimage

Nice pics shylock!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    sure are some nice pieces shylock.
    I like the color of the coppers.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coincidence? I've been drooling over this one on the Pinnacle site. It is a VERY rare 1964 SM PR65BN (PCGS). There are only a handful known. Boy if had the bucks, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat!

Doug
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the Pinnacle coin that has me excited...

...it would go very nicely with my 1803 half-eagle.:

• Options
    Edumacate me Rick! I don't know beans about gold except what I read in the Red Book.
    Doug
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Doug, if we really had a "1964" Small Motto Proof 2c piece, as you mentioned, instead of our lowly 1864 example, we'd have a truly unique piece, and not simply a majority rarity, as we have now! image
  • Options
    Ah Mark, if you would just make a little typo on the decimal point in the price . . . . the coin would be MINE!!!!image
    Doug
  • Options
    By the way Mark, what would be my "mumflees" on that piece? Or my weekly's? Gimme a payment plan . . . lemme rent to own . . .
    Doug
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the photography at Pinnacle is outstanding, among the best on the internet.
  • Options

CoinGuy1
    Doug
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really like this thread

sincerely michael
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    ms/66 Peace dollars don't do much for me. Both the copper pieces look wonderful, but why do I have this "thing" for ms/66 brown copper???? A "thing" in being, I won't buy 'em!!!!! I just can't get myself to do it. That's assuming I can afford the coins in the first place. image Strange, this hobby.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some very beautiful coins! I really like the toning on the 2 Cent and Indian. I've got a special place in my heart for early gold (just not enough dough in my pocket image) and that 1803 Eagle gets the saliva flowing image.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file