Home U.S. Coin Forum

Another GSA question

OK guys, thanks for the info earlier. I've got together a pretty good pricing list.

In fact, I just spent a little over 1K on 4 of them: an 82, 83, 84, and a 90. I think I did all right, considering that 90.

Now tell me, where are the 89, 92 and 93 coins as I understand there are only one each of them. Who owns them? Anybody know? Anybody ever see one?

I know the 79 and the 90 were available in the same numbers, apprpox 4,000 units each. How is it that the 79 is almost 3 times as expensive?

As always, thanks in advance.
"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

Comments

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Now tell me, where are the 89, 92 and 93 coins as I understand there are only one each of them. Who owns them? >>

Only one of the three pieces has ever been reported since they were shipped out. I forget which of the three it is. Its current location is known, but not by me.

<< <i>I know the 79 and the 90 were available in the same numbers, apprpox 4,000 units each. How is it that the 79 is almost 3 times as expensive? >>

Although there are roughly the same number of GSA coins of each of these there are many more Mintstate Non-GSA 1890-CC dollars available in the marketplace than Mintstate Non-GSA 1879-CC dollars. This takes a lot of pressure off of the 1890-CC GSA dollars from the date set collectors. If you want a Mint State 79-CC you basicly have to get a GSA coin. that means more demand and a higher price. You say that the 79-CC brings about three times what the 90-CC does. Well that seems reasonable since the overall mintage is one third that of the 90-CC.
  • DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    Aha! OK.

Thanks. I just need a 79 and my set will be complete, along with a number of duplicates.

Well, complete minus the 3 impossible ones that is.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    Well, you'd have a set of "CC" GSA's but there are also non-CC coins in plastic GSA holders........so maybe there's an end in sight and maybe not............some of those coins aren't cheap either.

For the GSA's that you have, do you also have COA's for all of them? I recall that trying to find 79, 90, and 91 CC GSA cards is a bit tough.......for the person that wants originality - ie boxes and correctly numbered COA's.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file