Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My 1,000th post...what should it be?

robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
OK, you guys decide. What should be in my 1,000th post? If I choose your idea, there will be a prize in it for you.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It should be a post announcing that you're giving away an AH to the first person that responds in this thread.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    TONED COINSimage
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    or the third
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should be something like

<< <i>Have you ever been pooped on by a bird at a coin show?...Me neither! >>

...or something pithy and profound, like that.

I forget what my recent 10,000th post was. I'm sure it was completely meaningless drivel, wasted on the Open Forum. Probably about as intellectual as the infamous dorkkarl birdpoop post, but not as funny.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    acknowledge that the post is your thousandth, and then talk about all the good times you have had on the PCGS boards, and what the 1000 posts means to you.
    Retail coin dealers, the only people who can buy a $10 coin for $2, and sell it for $30.
  • Options
    I would say post a picture of your favorite coin and explain why it's you favorite.image
    Like this one, It completed my Washington Quarter set 1932-1998 BU

I search almost three years before finding this coin, just turned out to be the last one I needed for my set.image
    Proud to be an American.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    Discuss (and a pic if you have one to post) a coin in your collection that has special meaning to you as a collector.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    Buc, I see that you beat me in posting a simialr idea. You wwere posting, while I was typing.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    I think it should be a blank post... YOUVE SAID ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Happy Millenium!!

WWQ
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    How about going back and finding your first post and putting it hereimage------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Make your 1001st post "Hey, I am a collector now".
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    carterhaines, PM me with your mailing address for your prize!

Well, here it is, my 1,000th post. I still recognize a lot of names that were here when I first joined, some that have cropped up since I joined, and others who I don't know, yet. Others have drifted away and some have been banned. Since I've joined the boards I've moved three thousand miles across the country, changed jobs, and been promoted. I've let my PCGS membership lapse (maybe I'll rejoin when the service becomes a little speedier again) and I'm about to join NGC and try my hand there. But more important than that, I've learned how to grade, and I'm so confident now in my grading abilities that instead of looking at a slabbed coin and wondering how it got that grade I can look at a slabbed coin and know whether it should have gotten that grade or if the grading svc. goofed.

When I first started collecting I prefered blast white coins, and those are still great. I was adamently opposed to toned coins but now I love them. I started out with the ubermoderns like the proof american eagles and state quarters and now I'm moving into the tough classics like mint state barber halves. I've done a lot of changing as a collector. Just today I looked at my earliest acquired stuff and I was shaking my head, 'why would I want that stuff??' LOL

Well, what this 1,000th post means to me is a return to the boards. I've been mainly visiting numisaddict since the banning incident but I'm quickly tiring of that site. Oh sure, I'll go back, but it's a ghost town. I could go there every day for a year and not learn what I can here in a day. So, I'm back!

-Robert

• Options
    What? No AH for Russ? image Congrats on a grand, and welcome back!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    congrats robertpr on your 1000th postimage
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    I told you you said too much already!! What will you do for your 2000th post? And what was the prize?

CarterHaines - Nice idea!!! Even if he didnt choose mine!!

WWQ
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    I don't know what the prize will be yet, I'll choose something nice tonight.

Russ, you joined the site SIX MONTHS after I did, yet your post count is MORE THAN TEN THOUSAND higher than mine! Is that really you, or do you have a staff at compucheap just devoted to posting here?? image
  • Options
    Some of us are more longwinded than others. image

Speaking of which, I have requested that Carol make my new custom title "The Holey of Holeys and Grand Forum Windbag". Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    What do you have to get your post count up to for a custom title? 10,000?
  • Options

<< <i>Is that really you >>

Nope. It's AutoPostBot ver. 2.20. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Yep. 10,000. And then the title must be approved by admin, which is why I'm still a "Choose Your Title" at the moment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file