Home U.S. Coin Forum

I need a variety collectors opinion

Someone would like to trade me 2 PCGS PF-67 fs-023 (1960 lg/sm dt. cent) for their choice of 2 of the following .I will be sending 2 ANACS PF-67 fs-024's (1960 sm/lg dt.cent) and 1 ICG PF-68 cam fs-024. They will pick which 2 they like best and send me the third along with the coins I am trading for. I do not know alot about rarity but they seem to value ANACS PF-67 sm/lg = the PCGS PF-67 LG/sm . Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Joe

Comments

• Let me bring this to the top in hopes of getting some help.
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not have my cherry picker's guide near me to evaluate the situation, but, in my opinion, if the 23 is rarer than the 24, then I would not do it.

My opinion. I will have to check my cherry guide later today.
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherrypickers has the values the same for PF65.

Sounds like a tough choice.

Good luck.
    Larry

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last Cherypickers' News price guide I have (which is dated November 1999) lists the FS-023 slightly higher than the -024. In PF67 the FS-023 lists at $425, the -024 at $395. I don't have the book handy to check the URS ratings of both, but it sounds like they are of comparable worth and a one-for-one (or two-for-two) trade is reasonable.

HTH.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    As for actual rarity they are about the same. One being offered more recently than the other or being offered more often than the other would answer for the value difference.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Thank You all Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file