Home U.S. Coin Forum

Q&A forum

I have really enjoyed reading the posts on the Q&A forum...so about a month ago I posed a few questions. None have been answered. Am I alone in this, or are others finding that they have to wait a long time for a response. Anyone else with any experiences to share?

PS I am not complaining, I think its great that they care enough to answer questions...

Comments

• I asked one question and it was answered the following week. The answear was not complete and maybe a little condencending. I do beleive questions are screened to ensure they are appropriate. Joe
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Hall also said that when he cannot answer a question personally, he checks on the answer, which may take a few weeks.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • never been to that forurm
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    I have asked about 5 questions over time, and all have been answered. However, I posed a difficult to answer follow-up, and never got a reply.

Overall, I think the Q&A is valuable. How many companies have a President that spends time doing something like this on their own free time?
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    I posted a question there today. Got the answer from Carol in less than hour!
    I'm embarassed to say it, but being computer illiterate, I didn't know where to access the PM's until Carol came to the rescue. Thanks, Carol.image
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    docday2003,
    If you have asked several questions and not gotten a reply, it may be that you did not submit it correctly.
    1. Go to the Q & A forum
    2. Key in New Topic
    3. Write your question
    4. Key in submit

You should get notice that the question is being reviewed and does not post immediately.

My experience one time was to use reply and David never got it. In any case, I would suggest you try posting ONE of your questions again. Good luck. Steveimage
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    A big problem is people asking the same question over and over! (We all know that doesn't happen here! image )

The members need to look at the old questions first before asking any new questions. David wants "fresh" questions.

David also has a big problem with "I will get back to you".........then you never hear anything about it again. DAVID STOP DOING THAT!!!! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have asked several questions. All but one was answered. The question I asked that wasn't answered was one I thought totally innocent: I asked HRH what he knows of the 1964 SMS coins. I have asked this question three separate times and HRH has never answered it. So I presume it won't be answered. The only reason I can think that HRH hasn't (won't?) answer this question is that he thinks I am implicitly asking how PCGS tells the difference between SMS and MS coins for 1965-1967. I'm not; I have confidence that PCGS gets this distinction correct most of the time and so all I want is to pick the brain of one the major dealers of the era. Ah well, guess I'll have to learn to get along without an answer from HRH for this question....image

Mark
    Mark

• << <i>docday2003,
    If you have asked several questions and not gotten a reply, it may be that you did not submit it correctly.
    1. Go to the Q & A forum
    2. Key in New Topic
    3. Write your question
    4. Key in submit

You should get notice that the question is being reviewed and does not post immediately.

My experience one time was to use reply and David never got it. In any case, I would suggest you try posting ONE of your questions again. Good luck. Steveimage >>

I actually emailed Carol, and was told that David had received the questions....

• << <i>A big problem is people asking the same question over and over! (We all know that doesn't happen here! image )

The members need to look at the old questions first before asking any new questions. David wants "fresh" questions.

David also has a big problem with "I will get back to you".........then you never hear anything about it again. DAVID STOP DOING THAT!!!! image >>

I agree that many times the same questions get asked and answered. What is frustrating here is that these are questions which have not been asked in the past, and I am truly interested in getting answers....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file